Substance Abuse Statistics in Pittsburg
Here are some recent statistics related to substance abuse and overdoses in Pittsburg and Contra Costa County:2
Visiting Pittsburg for Treatment
Before committing to a Pittsburg, CA drug and alcohol rehab, you’ll want to first learn more about getting there, getting around, and what to do there. Likewise, if your loved one has decided to attend treatment there, you will want to know the best way to visit them. Here’s what you need to know:
- The closest major airport to Pittsburg is Oakland International Airport, which is just over 40 miles from the city
- You can easily get around Pittsburg using Tri-Delta Transit Bus Service and BART
- You can also use rideshare services like Lyft and Uber or rent a car
- You’ll find over 60 hotel and motel options in Pittsburg, CA, ranging from low-cost accommodations to 5-star stays
- There are over 1,000 homes listed on Airbnb in Pittsburg, giving you plenty of alternatives to hotels or motels
- For a fun, educational day, you can visit the Pittsburg Historical Museum
- Outdoor lovers will want to check out the Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve
- Have a fun family day at Pixieland Amusement Park, full of kiddie rides
- Attend an orchestra, concert, or comedy show at El Campanil Theatre
- Todos Santos Plaza has something for everyone, including shops, dining, entertainment, and a public green space
- California Health Care Almanac. (2022). Substance Use in California: Prevalence and Treatment.
- California Overdose Surveillance Dashboard. (2022). Contra Costa County Dashboard.