Substance Abuse Statistics in Rancho Cordova, CA
- From 2020 to 2022, there was a 20% increase in opioid prescribing in Sacramento County.1
- During 2021, doctors in Sacramento County wrote 728,520 opioid prescriptions.1
- In 2021, there were 748 emergency department visits related to opioid overdose in Sacramento County.1
- There were 180 opioid-related hospitalizations in Sacramento County in 2021.1
- The highest rate of opioid-related overdose deaths in Sacramento County in 2021 was among 30-34-year-olds.1
- In 2021, the opioid-related overdose death rate among Native American/Alaskan Natives was 4x higher than other ethnicities.1
- From 2020 to 2022, there was a 28% increase in buprenorphine prescribing in Sacramento County (medication for opioid use disorder).1
- In 2022, the buprenorphine prescribing rate in Sacramento County was 25.7 per 1,000 residents.1
Visitor Information for Rancho Cordova, CA
If you will be traveling for alcohol and drug rehab in Rancho Cordova, CA or visiting a loved one currently undergoing treatment at a Rancho Cordova drug and alcohol rehab, here are some valuable tips to guide your travel plans:
- The closest airport is Sacramento (17 miles away). Other nearby options include Oakland (79 miles) and San Francisco (90 miles).
- If you’ll be renting a car, consider getting a ride from the airport to a Rancho Cordova car rental location. This could save you up to 20% on your rental, due to added taxes and fees assessed at airports.
- Rancho Cordova is home to more than a dozen hotels/motels, located mostly along the Highway 50 corridor.
- Locals consider the east part of Rancho Cordova to be the safest part of the city.
- Rancho Cordova is considered bikeable but not walkable.
- Public transportation options include four light rail stations in Rancho Cordova, as well as the city’s SmaRT Ride shuttle service. This service operates M-F 7am-7pm and uses a free app similar to other ridesharing services.
- Great day-trip options from Rancho Cordova include Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, and San Francisco.
- CA overdose dashboard. (n.d.). Retrieved December 19, 2022, from https://skylab.cdph.ca.gov/ODdash/?tab=CTY
- Rancho Cordova, CA drug-related crime rates and maps. (n.d.). CrimeGrade.Org. Retrieved December 20, 2022, from https://crimegrade.org/drug-crimes-rancho-cordova-ca/