Drug and alcohol addiction therapy is one of the most important parts of addiction recovery and one of the options that best facilitates true change. Without this type of treatment, it can be nearly impossible to stop abusing drugs and alcohol and to create a strong recovery. Call 800-654-0987 now to find rehab programs that can help you put an end to your substance abuse.
Where Can I Find Drug and Alcohol Addiction Therapy?
There are many places that provide addiction therapy of many different types and for different costs. In general, two types of rehab facilities exist where you can receive addiction therapy and begin to make lasting and positive changes to your attitudes and behaviors toward drugs.
- Inpatient rehab centers provide 24-hour care to individuals who need it. These facilities also allow patients to stay in a controlled environment in order to avoid relapse. Inpatient programs can be especially helpful during early recovery when cravings can be very strong as well as
- For those with severe, long-term addictions
- For those who are suffering from comorbid disorders
- For those who do not have a strong social support system at home
- Outpatient rehab centers allow individuals to attend treatment at the facility multiple times a week (sometimes daily depending on need). While patients cannot stay overnight at the facility, they can live their lives while receiving the treatment they require for a safe and secure recovery.
The severity of your condition will strongly affect your need to either attend inpatient or outpatient care. It is important to consider all the issues affecting your recovery and to ask yourself whether or not you would be safer in one type of facility or the other before choosing a form of drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
What Types of Drug and Alcohol Addiction Therapy Exist?
There are many different types of drug and alcohol addiction therapy. Different rehab programs are likely to offer their own blend of options, and especially if one seems that it would be particularly helpful to you, it is important to find out what a specific center provides before choosing to attend treatment there.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is one of the most widely used therapy options for addiction recovery. In CBT, patients learn to see their addiction in a new way as well as to adjust their attitudes and beliefs toward substance abuse. This program can also help uncover the reasons why you started abusing drugs in the first place, as well as help you learn to
- Recognize and avoid triggers
- Cope with stress and cravings
- Avoid relapse in the long-term
- Contingency management helps reroute the reward pathway of the brain to things other than the high associated with substance abuse. Patients take drug tests, and if they are clean, they will receive a voucher or reward consistent with a drug-free lifestyle.
- 12-step facilitation therapy can help prepare individuals to enter 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. Some rehab centers even have meetings of these types of groups at the facility so patients can attend them during professional treatment.
- Group therapy helps introduce patients to other individuals who have been through the same experiences they have. In many cases, this type of social support can help to reinforce the lessons of recovery learned in treatment and strengthen one’s resolve to stay sober.
- Holistic options also exist like spiritual-based therapies, massage therapy, dance therapy, and art therapy. Many more of these options are available in certain facilities across the country and can be very helpful to patients who can benefit from another type of program. Some individuals do not heal best through talk therapy, and holistic methods can help create this type of healing through different means.
There are many more drug and alcohol addiction therapy methods, but these are some of the most popular and the most successful.
How Do I Choose a Rehab Program?
Choosing a rehab program is a long process that often involves considering the methods available at a certain facility as well as the cost, the location, and the intensity of treatment. Finding the right program can be easier if you ask for help; call 800-654-0987 now to find the rehab program with the best fit for your needs and to learn more about drug and alcohol addiction therapy options.