At Addictions.com our mission is to help individuals and families facing substance use disorders find the treatment they need. We hope that by providing a better understanding of addiction, and co-occurring disorders, we can remove the barriers to treatment many people face.
Who We Are
Addictions.com has been empowering people for decades to seek help and find the best treatment options for their specific addictions or co-occurring disorders. Addictions.com is owned and funded by Addictions.com LLC.
We recognize the value of specialized treatment for co-occurring disorders, as well as the benefits of individualized treatment plans. Many of our team members are in recovery and are highly empathetic about the challenges in overcoming addiction.
Our team at Addictions.com includes addiction specialists, medical experts, and writers who hope to educate our visitors on the latest addiction problems, news, and treatment opportunities available to them.
Our team provides information about many different substance use disorders and behavioral addictions. We also cover the latest news surrounding addiction medications, drug policy, and recovery. We offer useful tips about how to get help, reduce the risk for relapse, and how to spot signs of addiction and drug use disorders in yourself and loved ones.
An experienced team of medical professionals, former addicts, writers, and addiction specialists write the content on our website. All of our content is frequently reviewed by addiction nurses and doctors to ensure our information is medically accurate and up to date.
Our Core Values
We hold ourselves to high ethical standards that are in line with SAMHSA’s principles of care. Our team adheres firmly to the following core values in achieving our mission and helping people overcome addiction:
- Accuracy: The data and information post about addiction and co-occurring disorders is reliable and up to date. All of our articles are routinely checked for accuracy by our medical partners including doctors, nurses, therapists, and addiction specialists.
- Transparency: We cite all authors, medical reviewers, and sources on our website. We are open to answering any questions you have about our content.
- Compassion: We respect everyone and understand addiction can affect anyone, regardless of their background. All of our writers produce content that is free of judgment or bias.
- Empowerment: We strive to empower people by providing them with tools and resources that help them find the best possible treatment options. We also aim to empower people by helping them understand they’re not alone, and that long-term abstinence can be achieved with support, knowledge, and treatment.
- Community focus: Our team aims to bring community members together so they can help themselves, friends and relatives fight addiction and receive the support they need.
Our Commitment to You
Our team adheres to high ethical standards and strive to be as transparent as possible. We want to help you or your loved one achieve abstinence from drugs and alcohol and improve the quality of life. Our staff does not take part in any deceptive marketing practices such as patient brokering or consultant contracts. Additionally, we do not provide unreliable, inaccurate information about treatment and recovery that can endanger your life or that of your loved one.
At Addictions.com our team will take steps to ensure any future advertisers are accredited and licensed using criteria similar to that used by SAMHSA. We do not accept ads for any paid addiction treatment centers, nor do we promote specific treatment facilities within our content, as this is a conflict of interest with providing bias-free information on substance us disorders. Furthermore, the content on our site, and our editorial team, is not influenced by any funding sources. At this time, our website does not host any advertising banners, sponsored content, or paid links. In the future, if ads are added to our site, we will make sure to clearly distinguish between paid advertising content, and our content to our readers.
We encourage third parties to visit our site and submit real, honest reviews and ratings about treatment facilities and individual experiences at these facilities. Our team remains unbiased about treatment methods and programs so visitors to our site can make their own informed decisions.
If you encounter or find yourself subject to any deceptive, misleading, or unethical marketing practices when interacting with our website or helpline consultant, contact us immediately. We will address the situation and work on finding you a more reliable treatment provider at no cost.
How to Contact Us
Email our editor: email@example.com
Speak to our news team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we publish content about addiction and mental health, we do not intend to replace the doctor-patient relationship. If you need treatment, please call SAMHSA’s 24/7 helpline: 1-800-662-4357
For all other inquiries, you can visit our contact page.