Substance Abuse Statistics in Woodland, CA
Compared to the county as a whole, Woodland has a higher rate of drug overdose deaths. Here’s a breakdown of alcohol and drug use statistics for Woodland and Yolo County:4,5,6
There were 91 emergency department visits related to any opioid overdose in the county in 2021 and 14 hospitalizations.
Yolo County reported 5 opioid-related overdose deaths in 2021.
Between 2016 and 2020, 29% of car crash deaths in the county involved alcohol.
Getting to and Around Woodland, CA
Traveling to and within Woodland is not difficult. If you’re hoping to get addiction treatment at a Woodland drug or alcohol rehab or will be in the city visiting someone who is attending rehab, here are some helpful tips:
- Woodland is located at the intersection of Interstate 5 and State Route 113.
- The Sacramento International Airport is 8 miles to the east of Woodland.
- Woodland is part of the Yolo County Transportation District bus service called “YOLOBUS.” Buses run to downtown Sacraments, Davis, and other areas of Yolo County.
- Woodland is mostly car-dependent, though it’s not uncommon to walk or ride bikes.
- The Heidrick Ag History Center in Woodland has rare and unique agricultural machinery and vehicles on display.
- Yolo County Historical Museum is located in the former home of two Woodland pioneers. It houses furnishings and artifacts dating from the 1850s to the 1930s.
- The Woodland Public Library was funded by Andrew Carnegie and was built in 1905. It’s the oldest library funded by Carnegie in California that is still in operation.
- The Woodland Opera House is one of the city’s most historic landmarks and was originally built in 1885.
- Off I-5, you’ll find several national chain hotel options.
- Yolo County District Attorney. (2021, June 17). Yolo County DA to Issue Warning of Homicide Charges for Narcotics Traffickers Causing Fentanyl-Related Deaths.
- The United States District Attorney’s Office Eastern District of California. (2020, July 20). Woodland Man Indicted for Fentanyl Overdose Death and Fentanyl Trafficking Conspiracy.
- Yolo County Health & Human Services Agency and Yolo County District Attorney. (2021). Yolo County Fentanyl Epidemic.
- California Department of Public Health. (n.d.). California overdose surveillance dashboard.
- Woodland Police Department. (2022). 2021 Annual Report.
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. (2022). County Health Rankings – Yolo County.