Drug and Alcohol Addiction and Overdose Statistics in West Sacramento, CA
Substance abuse data collected by the CDC and the California Department of Public Health highlights the following recent statistics for West Sacramento and Yolo County as a whole:1, 3, 4, 5
Approximately 26% of driving deaths in Yolo County were caused by alcohol-impaired drivers in 2021.
From 2019 to 2021, Yolo County emergency departments saw a 40% increase in opioid-related hospital visits.
Traveling to and Within West Sacramento, CA
If you’re traveling to West Sacramento for rehab or are coming to the city to visit someone in a residential recovery center, these local tips may help you:
- Sacramento International Airport sits roughly 13 miles northwest of West Sacramento and is your best option for flights into the area.
- If you’re planning to drive, Interstates 5 and 80 are easily accessible from West Sacramento, as are State Routes 84 and 275.
- West Sacramento has about a dozen national-chain hotels and motels as well as a few non-branded establishments, but you’ll find many more lodging options across the river in Sacramento.
- West Sacramento is served by Yolo County Transportation District’s Yolobus, which runs local fixed routes throughout the city and into neighboring areas. Service is also available at Sacramento International Airport.
- Sacramento Regional Transit District (SacRT) provides dial-a-ride, paratransit, bus, and light rail service for individuals needing to connect to nearby Sacramento.
- The Capitol Corridor intercity passenger train serves the West Sacramento area and can connect you to 16 stations in eight Northern California counties.
- Popular local outdoor attractions include the Old Sacramento Waterfront, the Sacramento Zoo, Black Chasm Cavern National Natural Landmark, and California Cavern State Historic Landmark.
- Indoor attractions worth checking out include the California State Railroad Museum, Crocker Art Museum, the California State Capitol Museum, Stanford Mansion, and the Sacramento History Museum.
- California Department of Public Health. (n.d.). California Overdose Surveillance Dashboard, Yolo County Dashboard.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). FindTreatment.gov.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. CDC Wonder Online Database. (2021). Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2020 Results, Deaths occurring through 2020.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022). PLACES: Local Data for Better Health, Place Data 2022 Release.
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. (2021). County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Yolo, CA.