Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Westminster, CA
16.8% of Orange County adults binge drink.3
More than 1,000 Orange County residents died in 2020 from drug or alcohol overdoses.2
Drug and alcohol-related deaths in Orange County increased by 34% between 2019 and 2020.2
Opiate-related deaths increased by 45% between 2019 and 2020 and another 48.8% between 2020 and 2021.2
Travel to and Within Westminster, CA
If you’ll be traveling for inpatient or outpatient treatment in Westminster, CA – or visiting a loved one currently undergoing treatment at a Westminster drug and alcohol rehab – here are some valuable tips to guide your travel plans.
- Westminster is close to several major airports: Long Beach (9 miles), Santa Ana (10 miles), Los Angeles (26 miles), and Burbank (36 miles).
- Westminster features a robust transportation system, with local bus routes, rush-hour bus lines every 15 minutes, and the Goldenwest Transportation Center, which serves as a hub for travel throughout the region.
- Westminster is not considered walkable, but Uber and Lyft services are available for getting around town without a car.
- There are around 10 hotels/motels in Westminster, located mostly along the Route 39 and Interstate 405 corridors.
- Popular activities in Westminster include surfing and swimming at nearby Huntington Beach, Long Beach, and Newport Beach.
- Great day trips from Westminster include Disneyland, Hollywood, and exploring the Santa Ana Mountains.
- Locals typically consider the west part of the city to be the safest area in Westminster.
- California Overdose Surveillance Dashboard. (n.d.). Skylab. Retrieved November 3, 2022, from https://skylab.cdph.ca.gov/ODdash/?tab=CTY
- Drug & alcohol overdose hospitalization & death in Orange County. (n.d.). Orange County California – Health Care Agency. Retrieved November 3, 2022, from https://www.ochealthinfo.com/page/drug-alcohol-overdose-hospitalization-death-orange-county
- Orange County Healthier Together. (n.d.). Ochealthiertogether.Org. Retrieved November 2, 2022, from https://www.ochealthiertogether.org/index.php?module=indicators&controller=index&action=dashboard&alias=behavioralhealth