Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Port Arthur, Texas
We can get a good view of the impact of substance use on the community of Port Arthur by looking at some recent statistics provided by federal agencies responsible for tracking population data:1,3
Traveling to and Within Port Arthur, Texas
Being 100 miles east of the Houston Metro, Port Arthur is a bit out of the way, though still accessible. There are also plenty of cool things to do and all the comforts you would expect from an American town:
- The nearest airport is the Jack Brooks Regional Airport, which hosts American Airlines and has daily trips to DFW Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport through American Eagle Airlines. This airport has free parking as well as affordable $20-per-day park and flight rates in its secure parking lot.
- Port Arthur has your typical southern grocery stores, including H-E-B and Market Basket. In addition, you can dine at one of thirteen restaurants in the city, including Texas Roadhouse and multiple seafood spots.
- Lamar State College is in Port Arthur and has over 31 degree programs if you’re interested in higher learning while seeking addiction treatment or supporting your loved one in rehab.
- This coastal city has four post offices as well as the Port of Port Arthur Shipping Terminal, and two public libraries, for any business needs that you may have while visiting.
- If you enjoy history, a tour of the Sabine Pass Battleground State Historic Site is a good place to explore, as is the Gulf Coast Museum. For more active adventures, check out the Max Bowl bowling center or the Sea Rim State Park for a day of bird-watching.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). CDC Wonder Tool.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2022). Treatment Locator Map.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). U.S. County Opioid Dispensing Rates, 2020.