Substance Abuse Statistics in Beaumont
Beaumont is located in Jefferson County. Here are some statistics for the city of Beaumont and Jefferson County in regard to alcohol and drug use:1,2
The city of Beaumont saw a 14% increase in opioid overdoses in 2020
61 opioid overdose deaths were reported in 2021
Regular alcohol and drug use do not necessarily lead to an alcohol use disorder (AUD) or substance use disorder (SUD), but they do increase your risk of developing one of these conditions.
How to Finance Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Beaumont
A Beaumont drug rehab center will vary significantly in cost depending on several factors. Your length of stay (long-term or short-term) will determine some variations in cost. Also, what type of rehab you go to will influence the final price tag. Costs range from $0 all the way up to thousands of dollars at some luxury, resort-like centers that offer amenities such as gourmet foods and private rooms.
If you are searching for “Beaumont alcohol rehabs,” you will find that some of the results offer free treatment. Examples of free rehabs include:
- State-funded treatment centers that are funded by the federal and/or local government
- Free methadone clinics offering medication-assisted-treatment for opioid addiction
- Grants and scholarships funded by government funds or private donors that pay for your stay at a private rehab center
Some free drug rehab centers near Beaumont include:
- Land Manor
- Recovery Council of South East Texas
- Spindletop Center
If you are unsure whether a rehab center is free, speak with someone on their staff and ask about sliding-scale fees and any available financial aid. Some organizations offer free rehab scholarships to those who qualify. While other rehab programs are state-funded and offer free care, including some methadone clinics.
Private Insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid
Private insurance is an option for paying for treatment as well. Some of the well-known insurance carriers include BCBS, Cigna, and Aetna. Most Beaumont rehabs will accept payment from these insurance providers as well as others. Look into your specific policy to find out what costs your policy will cover and what you are responsible to pay for when attending rehab. Most policies use co-pays and deductibles to help share the cost of healthcare with you. If you are unsure how to obtain this information, look on the back of your insurance card for a customer service phone number to speak with a specialist who can answer your questions.
Medicare and Medicaid are government-funded insurance programs that certain people qualify for and can use to cover treatment services.
Medicare Covers Drug Rehab
Medicare is available for American citizens over the age of 65. You can expect Medicare to cover the following:4
- Inpatient and residential stays
- Outpatient programs, including partial hospitalization
- Treatment for opioid addiction, including Medication-assisted treatments
- Outpatient therapeutic services, including group and family therapy
- Substance abuse screenings
Medicaid Covers Substance Abuse Treatment
Medicaid programs vary from state to state. In Texas, you qualify for coverage if you have a low income, you are a pregnant woman or a child, or if you have certain disabilities. It covers most mental health services as Medicare does. In Beaumont, some of the covered services include:5
- Detox and withdrawal management services
- Intensive and supportive residential treatment
- Outpatient programs
- Medication-assisted treatment for withdrawal or opioid addiction
- Treatment for co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders
- Specialized services for pregnant women and women with dependent children
How Easy is it to Travel to and Within Beaumont?
Accessing the city of Beaumont is easy, with the nearest airport, Beaumont/Port Arthur (BPT) Airport, just 10.4 miles away. The city also offers public transportation, so if you are traveling to the area for treatment or a loved one is visiting you, there is a convenient way to get around town. The Beaumont Municipal Transit Services (BMT) offers bus routes throughout the city and provides paratransit services for those riding with a disability.
Beaumont also offers many comfortable accommodations for loved ones who come to visit during your treatment. The city has plenty of shops, restaurants, parks along the river, and museums to visit. The Gulf Coast is just a 45-minute drive away, so taking a day trip to a beach can be part of the itinerary as well.
Whether you travel to Beaumont or choose another location for rehab, seeking treatment is the best chance at recovery. If you or someone you love needs drug or alcohol rehab, please call 800-926-9037 (Who Answers?) today to speak to a specialist about treatment options.
- County Health Rankings. (n.d.). Jefferson County Outcomes.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.) Wonder Online Databases.
- Texas Opioid Training Initiative. (2021) Naxolone Standing Order.
- CENTERS for MEDICARE & MEDICAID SERVICES. (2022). Medicare and Your Mental Health Benefits. Medicare.gov.
- Texas Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Mental Health Substance Use.