Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Victoria, Texas
When looking at data from federal agencies such as the Center for Disease Control and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, we can see:1,2
There were 38,085 rehab entries in Texas in 2019 for addiction to drugs and alcohol.
The number of opiate-related rehab admissions across Texas has decreased slightly over the past decade, from 8,968 in 2009 to 7,941 in 2019.
Meth-related rehab admissions rose 110% in that period.
Traveling to and Within Victoria, Texas
The city of Victoria may be small compared to other cities, with only 65,377 residents as of the 2020 Census.3 However, it’s the largest city in the region and has all the amenities of bigger localities:4
- The VCT Victoria Regional Airport is the closest to the city, which offers local and national flights through United Airlines. The nearest international airport is the Corpus Christi International Airport, about an hour and a half to the south of Victoria.
- Victoria Transit operates within the city to serve pedestrians with four routes, over 160 bus stops, and a paratransit service for those with mobility issues.
- Victoria has four museums to explore, including the Children’s Discovery Museum and the Nave Museum of regionally-inspired art.
- Victoria has 13 hotels for travelers to stay in, three motels, and over a dozen affordable housing complexes among its many apartment buildings for long-term guests.
- The Texas Zoo is among the numerous attractions in the city, along with five public parks.
- There are five major hospitals and numerous clinics, including two accredited alcohol and drug rehab centers in Victoria, and a medical heliport through Citizen’s Medical Center.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). CDC Wonder Tool.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. (2022). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS) 2019.
- United States Census Bureau. (March 17, 2022). American Community Survey 5-Year Data (2009-2020).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. (2022). Treatment Locator Tool.