Drug and Alcohol Misuse Statistics in Georgetown, TX
In recent years, Austin’s Travis County and Georgetown’s Williamson County have seen an uptick in drug and alcohol use and overdose hospitalization and deaths. Here are a few recent statistics on drug and alcohol use in Williamson and Travis Counties:4,5,6
About 11% of drug overdose deaths were due to a combination of opioids and benzodiazepines.
27% of recent calls to the Texas Poison Center Network from Travis County reported opioid exposure involving children.
Traveling to and Within Georgetown, TX
If you’re looking for Georgetown alcohol rehab or drug rehab or supporting a loved one seeking help, you may want to learn more about the area and its amenities.
- Georgetown is just 25 miles north of Austin, within easy reach of Austin’s music scene, restaurants, and shopping.
- Georgetown is a college town home to Southwestern University, the oldest college in Texas.
- Outdoor attractions include Inner Space Caverns, a vast underground cave, and Blue Hole Park.
- Georgetown has its own municipal airport, and the city is a half-hour drive from the major Austin-Bergstrom airport hub.
- Interstate 35 links Georgetown to Austin on the south and Waco-Dallas on the north.
- Georgetown has several leading hotel chains as well as local bread and breakfast spots for extended stays.
- The area is served by taxi, bus, and tram services, as well as Uber and Lyft.
- City of Georgetown. (n.d.) Visiting Georgetown.
- City of Georgetown. (n.d.) Georgetown, Texas: About Us.
- Texas Department of State Health Services. (2022). Addressing Substance Use in Texas. Public Health Agency Action Plan 2021-2022.
- University of Texas at Austin Addiction Research Institute. (2021). Drug Trends in Texas 2021: A Report to the Early Warning System.
- City of Austin. (2016). Drug Overdose and Opioid Use in Travis County.
- Healthy Williamson County. (2019.)Williamson County Community Health Assessment 2019.