Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Greenville, SC
Like much of the United States, Greenville, and the surrounding Greenville County have been affected by substance misuse. Here is some data related to drug and alcohol misuse in Greenville County:2, 3
Approximately 5% of adults reported excessive drinking in Greenville County in 2020.
There were over 870 alcohol-related hospitalizations in 2020.
There were 534 Emergency Department visits for opioid-involved overdoses in 2020.
In 2020, 21 drivers killed in motor vehicle accidents had blood alcohol levels above .08.
Traveling to and Within Greenville, SC
You may be considering a Greenville rehab, or you want to know more about detox. Whether you are interested in inpatient or outpatient rehab, Greenville has many options to choose from. Greenville also has free rehab options if you cannot pay for rehab.
If you are narrowing down your options for alcohol or drug rehab in Greenville, then you may want more information about the city of Greenville. You may also have a loved attending rehab in Greenville who you wish to visit. This information about Greenville will help you enjoy your travel:
- If flying into Greenville, the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport is the closest airport to the city, as it is only 15 minutes away from the downtown area.
- Greenville has a wide range of motel and hotel accommodations that will suit any budget.
- Greenville is a car-dependent city, so arranging for your own transportation before arrival may be best.
- Although many parts of the city require a car, the downtown Main Street is walkable and has many unique restaurants, shops, and public art to enjoy.
- To get a taste of natural beauty, you can visit the many waterfalls like Raven Cliff, Rainbow, and Falls Creek Falls in the area.
- Explore many different theaters and entertainment venues like the Peace Center, Centre Stage, and The Warehouse.
- If you enjoy sports, you can catch a game of soccer with local Greenville teams like the Greenville Liberty. Hockey, baseball, and college games are also available to entertain you throughout the city.
- Greenville is home to a number of different lakes with activities ranging from swimming and boating to fishing and diving.
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. (2022). County Health Rankings and Roadmaps: Sounth Carolina-Greenville County.
- State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup. (2020). 2020 South Carolina County-Level Profiles on Substance Use-Related Indicators.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (2020). Persons Killed by State-South Carolina.