$5,750 In College Scholarships To Be Awarded
Are you a full-time college student in the U.S.? Do you have a passion for raising awareness about the dangers associated with substance abuse and addiction?
If you answered “yes” to both questions, you’ll want to enter the Addictions.com Scholarship Contest. Five scholarships will be awarded to qualified college students who write the winning essays (for first, second, third, fourth, and fifth places).
By providing financial assistance to help pay for books, tuition, or daily expenses, we hope to encourage more students to get involved and become advocates who will raise awareness about the risks and dangers of addiction.
How To Enter
- Review Eligibility: Before entering the contest, review the Terms/Conditions requirements and the rules and regulations below to make sure you qualify.
- Complete Application: Complete the contest application form below providing all required information.
- Submit: Once your essay is written, save as a Word Doc or PDF and submit with your scholarship contest application.
Essay Topic And Guidelines
Essay must be submitted with the application, which should include the author’s name, address, phone number, email address, college (including the date of graduation), and student ID number.
- All entries must be typed, double-spaced, and saved as a Word Doc or PDF.
- Do not add pictures or graphics
- Essays that do not meet the word count requirement will be eliminated. (The essay title or added references / footnotes do not contribute to the total word count.)
- A contestant’s teacher, counselor, or parent may check the essay for punctuation, grammar, and/or spelling, but the essay MUST BE the original work of the student making the submission.
- Contestants will be judged based solely on their essay.
USING YOUR OWN WORDS, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 500-700 WORDS:
- How does substance abuse and addiction affect society today?
- What can we do to reduce the negative effects of addiction, help people access treatment resources, and decrease the burden of addiction on society?
Rules And Regulations
- Essay must be the original work of the contestant. Plagiarism will automatically disqualify your entry.
- Contest awards and decisions are final unless an entrant is disqualified.
- Essay submissions that do not meet the requirements (listed above) or sent after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Essay award winners grant Addictions.com the right to use their essay content in connection with this contest, marketing efforts, and publication of the essay, as well as the right to use the winners’ names and/or identifying information to promote the contest.
- Addictions.com will read and judge each eligible essay submitted on time; essays submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or read.
- Contest prizes (scholarship award monies) can be revoked after awards are given if entrants are discovered to be ineligible or found to have broken contest rules.
- Addictions.com reserves the right to change submission deadline to an earlier deadline if application submissions greatly exceed the number projected. Prospective applicants should enter as early as possible.
- Should Addictions.com have to change any contest rules, we will notify participants via email. If participants are dissatisfied with changes, they may retract their submission.
- All federal, state, and local charges or taxes on prizes must be paid by award winners.
- Essay submissions for this contest become property of Addictions.com to be used and reproduced.
ADDICTIONS.COM ESSAY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please complete the application form, attach your entry essay in Word doc or PDF format, and submit.
"*" indicates required fields