Substance Abuse Statistics in Canton, OH
The drug crisis in the midwestern U.S. has affected Canton, OH, the county seat of Stark County. The following data from Stark County and the corresponding substate region reveals the extent and impact of substance abuse:1,2
About 2% of residents older than 12 years reported cocaine use in the past year from 2016 to 2018.
Nearly 5% of residents older than 12 years reported misuse of pain relievers in the past year from 2016 to 2018.
Almost 12% of residents older than 12 years reported marijuana in the past year from 2016 to 2018.
Less than 1% of residents older than 12 years reported heroin use in the past year from 2016 to 2018.
Everything to Know About Visiting and Getting Around Canton, OH
You may find these tips useful for planning your stay in Canton, OH, for rehab or to visit a loved one during their health and recovery journey.
- Fun places to explore during your stay in Canton include specialty museums like the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton Classic Car Museum, Blue Water Majesty Museum, Canton Museum of Art, and St. Raphael Center,
- Located in the Midwest, Canton experiences four seasons with cold, snowy winters, short springs, warm, humid summers, and dry falls with cool nights and warm days.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport is the closest option for air travel and is about 8 miles away. Cleveland Hopkins International Airport offers domestic and international flights and is about 64 miles from Canton.
- Bus service from the Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (SARTA) makes it easy to connect to the Akron-Canton Regional Airport by bus.
- SARTA offers bus services within Stark County and has bus routes to several neighborhoods in Canton, such as Downtown Canton, Belden Village, and North Canton.
- Alliance station is the closest Amtrak stop offering services. This station is 20 miles northeast of Canton.
- Canton is not a very walkable city, so you may need a car to get around. However, you can stay in walkable areas like downtown if you do not want to rely on a car for running errands.
- Rideshare options in Canton include Uber and Lyft services
- There are many hotel and motel options for your stay in Canton, including budget-friendly options such as the Fairfield Inn and Suites – Canton South, Hampton Inn and Suites, and Holiday Inn.
- Ohio Department of Health. (n.d.). Emergency Department Visits for Suspected Drug Overdose Among Ohio Residents Ages 11 Years and Older.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). 2016 -2018 NSDUH Substate Region Estimates – Tables.