Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Orem, UT
The following statistics reveal recent trends in substance abuse, addiction, and drug and alcohol rehab in Orem, UT.
There were 78 opioid overdoses in Utah County in 2018.4
The northeast part of Utah County has around 4 cases of drug-related crime per year.5
The rate of drug-related crime in Utah County is 3.45 per 1,000 residents per year.5
2% of adults in Utah County report heavy drinking in the past 30 days.6
Does Insurance Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Orem, UT?
Some, if not all, rehab-related services are covered by most private and government-funded insurance plans.
Medicaid, Medicare, and TRICARE (coverage for military members) also cover a full range of rehab services, including residential treatment, hospitalizations, and outpatient programs.
Medicaid for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Orem, UT
Government-funded Medicaid is a health plan for low-income and disabled people of all ages. You can qualify for this program if you are:
- A resident of the state, U.S. national, U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien
- Low-income and without other options for health insurance
- Pregnant, blind, disabled, or in a household with someone with a disability
- Caring for a child under 18
- 65 or older
Medicare for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Orem, UT
Medicare is a nationwide, government-funded insurance plan for people 65 and older and those with certain health conditions. The plan covers most costs of hospitalization and a wide range of outpatient and medical services related to drug and alcohol rehab in Orem, UT. Here’s how it works:
- Medicare recipients pay monthly premiums that are income-based.
- Medicare pays 80% of covered services, and the rest must be covered out-of-pocket or by supplemental insurance.
- Many private insurance carriers offer Medigap plans to cover costs not paid by Medicare.
- Medigap plans may cover additional rehab-related services.
Private Insurance for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Orem, UT
Here’s what you need to know about private insurance coverage:
- The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) mandates that health insurers provide equivalent benefits for both medical and addiction-related treatments.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all group and individual insurance plans offered in the annual ACA marketplace treat addiction treatment as an essential benefit.
- Some employer-funded insurance plans may limit their coverage for rehab.
- Individual plans may also have limitations on rehab coverage, particularly for services provided by treatment centers and professionals that are out of network.
- Because private rehabs set their own policies about payment methods, you must check with your insurance plan and the treatment center to confirm if costs are covered.
Orem Local Information: Everything You Need to Know
If you’ll be traveling for drug and alcohol rehab in Orem, UT or to visit someone in treatment, here are a few helpful tips to guide your travels.
- The closest airports are Provo Airport, 5.5 miles away, and Salt Lake City, 37.2 miles away.
- Popular sights in Orem include the Hale Center Theater, Murdock Canal Trail, and Mount Timpanogos Park.
- Great day trips from Orem include Salt Lake City, Brigham Young University’s museums and live performances, and Deer Creek State Park.
- Locals generally consider the northwest part of Orem to be the safest area of the city.
- Deparment of Health. (n.d.). IBIS-PH – Complete health indicator report – Substance abuse (alcohol or marijuana). Adolescents. Retrieved October 25, 2022, from https://ibis.health.utah.gov/ibisph-view/indicator/complete_profile/SubAbuAdol.html
- Deparment of Health. (n.d.). IBIS-PH – Complete health indicator report. Drug Overdose and Poisoning Incidents. Retrieved October 25, 2022, from https://ibis.health.utah.gov/ibisph-view/indicator/complete_profile/PoiDth.html
- Utah County opioid death statistics. (n.d.). LiveStories. Retrieved October 25, 2022, from https://www.livestories.com/statistics/utah/utah-county-opioids-deaths-mortality
- Safety in Orem, Utah (crime rates and environmental hazards). (n.d.). Dwellics. Retrieved October 25, 2022, from https://dwellics.com/utah/safety-in-orem
- UTah County, UT drug-related crime rates and maps. (n.d.). CrimeGrade.Org. Retrieved October 25, 2022, from https://crimegrade.org/drug-crimes-utah-county-ut/
- Department of Health. (n.d.). IBIS-PH – Complete health indicator report – Alcohol consumption. Heavy Drinking. Retrieved October 25, 2022, from https://ibis.health.utah.gov/ibisph-view/indicator/complete_profile/AlcConChrDri.html
- MacKimm, D. (2022, May 4). ABC4 Utah. ABC4 Utah. https://www.abc4.com/news/study-finds-utah-has-the-3rd-smallest-drug-problem-in-the-nation/