Substance Abuse Stats in Apple Valley, MN
In 2020, the Minneapolis Metro Region, which includes Apple Valley, ranked third in the state for overall drug overdose deaths. In the same period, drug-related emergency room visits rose for all drug types except heroin, from 1949 admissions in 2019 to 3990 in 2020.2 Here are a few more recent statistics on alcohol and drug use in Apple Valley and surrounding areas.2,3
- Alcohol is the main reason for admission to an addiction treatment program in the Metro Region, followed by methamphetamine.
- The number of heroin-related overdoses and overdose deaths dropped between 2018 and 2020, due primarily to the rise in synthetic opioids.
- Across all age groups, the largest increase in drug-related hospitalizations and deaths between 2017 and 2019 was among white males.
- In the same period, most overdose deaths took place among people aged 25-34 and 45-54.
- Fentanyl and fentanyl analogs were responsible for more opioid-related overdoses and deaths than other opioid drugs, including both prescription painkillers and heroin.
Getting to and Around Apple Valley, MN
Although it’s considered a suburb of the Twin Cities, Apple Valley is a thriving township in its own right, with plenty of parks, local restaurants and shopping, and cultural events. If you’re looking for a drug and alcohol rehab in Apple Valley, or if you’re supporting a friend or loved one who’s seeking help at an alcohol and drug rehab in Apple Valley or the region, you might want to know a few things about travel, accommodations, and amenities in the area.
- Apple Valley has several national hotel and motel chains, including GrandStay Hotel and Americinn Hotel and Suites.
- Minnesota Department of Health. (2020). Minnesota Injury Data Access System.
- Minnesota Department of Health. Drug Overdose Dashboard. (2021). Opioid Overdose Deaths.
- Minnesota State Department of Health. (2020). Dakota County Substance Use and Overdose Profile.