Substance Abuse Statistics in Marysville, WA
Data compiled by the CDC and Snohomish County health authorities indicate that substance abuse has been a growing public health threat for several years. Local alcohol- and drug-use statistics include:1,2,3,4
From 2017 to 2020, alcohol-induced deaths in Snohomish County rose by 70%.
Approximately 16% of county residents report engaging in binge drinking regularly, while roughly 20% of teens report consuming alcohol regularly.
Traveling to Marysville: Transportation, Lodging Options, and Local Attractions
Are you interested in traveling to Marysville for treatment? Are you planning to visit a loved one as they work through their recovery program? These tips can help you plan your travels:5
- You can fly into Paine Field Airport, which is located about 20 minutes south of Marysville by car. Alternatively, you can fly into the much larger Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which is roughly an hour’s drive south of the city.
- Interstate 5 passes directly through Marysville and is the most direct route to Seattle, which is just 34 miles south. U.S. Highway 2 is also a 10-minute drive from Marysville and can take you westward, across Washington and into neighboring states.
- Marysville has a few national-chain hotels and motels to choose from. However, if you’re willing to stay a few miles outside the city, you’ll find more lodging options in nearby Arlington and Everett.
- Lyft, Uber, and Taxi services are available in Marysville, all with short wait times.
- If you’d like to use public transportation, Snohomish County’s Community Transit service operates a few fixed bus routes that can take you around town and to neighboring cities.
- Jennings Memorial, Jennings Nature Park, Ebey Waterfront, and Snohomish River Delta all offer plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun.
- Charming downtown Marysville has several locally owned shops, eateries, and a public park where you can have fun people-watching or taking in the natural scenery.
Would you like assistance narrowing down your options for drug or alcohol rehab in Marysville? If so, we’re available 24/7 to help. Please call us at 800-926-9037 (Who Answers?) to connect with a treatment support specialist who can help you find local addiction recovery programs that suit your needs.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. CDC Wonder Online Database. (2021). Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2020 Results, Deaths occurring through 2020.
- Snohomish County Washington. (n.d.). Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office Drug Overdose Dashboard.
- Snohomish Health District. (2018, December). Opioid Use Disorder & Opioid Misuse in Snohomish County: Using Capture-Recapture to Estimate the Burden of Disease.
- Washington State Department of Health. (2017, May 8). Snohomish County Chronic Disease Profile.
- Marysville, Washington. (n.d.). Attractions.