Substance Abuse Statistics in Rogers, AR
Data collected by the Arkansas Department of Health, the CDC, and other state health authorities indicates substance abuse is an increasing public health threat in Rogers. Recent Benton County drug- and alcohol-use statistics include:1,2,3
From 2017 to 2020, roughly 88% of individuals whose lives were saved by police-administered naloxone were under the age of 40.
Nearly 11% of Benton County students in grades six through 12 reported using drugs at least once per month.
Levels of Care for Addiction Treatment Settings
Multiple levels of care are available in Arkansas drug rehab centers.
Detoxification involves a medically supervised set of services that aim to mitigate painful withdrawal symptoms while the body gets rid of the drug or alcohol. Once you achieve a substance-free state, you’re able to transfer into a residential or inpatient program.
Residential or Inpatient
Beneficial for those with a severe addiction, polydrug addiction, or dual diagnosis, inpatient involves 24/7 care in a highly structured environment.
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs)
Beneficial for those with a severe addiction who still want to live at home, a PHP involves up to 30 hours of onsite counseling and therapy per week.
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs)
Helpful for those with a moderate addiction or those who are stepping down from a higher level of care, IOPs require between nine and 20 hours of onsite treatment per week.
Best for people with a mild addiction and strong motivation to quit, standard outpatient involves a few hours of onsite therapy per week.
Towards the end of your treatment program, you will work with a treatment team to create your aftercare plan. It helps you build on the recovery foundations you started during the inpatient setting.
How to Pay for Drug Rehab in Rogers, Arkansas
Cost shouldn’t be a barrier to quality addiction treatment. There are many ways to finance drug rehab so that you can get the help you need.
Private health insurance providers cover most or all of addiction treatment services, depending on the setting, location, type of program, and more.
Arkansas Medicaid, a federal health program providing insurance coverage to low-income people, covers some or all of drug rehab.
Arkansas Medicare, a federal health insurance program that provides insurance to people aged 65 and older, covers inpatient and hospital stays for addiction treatment, outpatient rehab, and more.
TRICARE in Arkansas
TRICARE, a health care program for uniformed military members, veterans, and their families, can be used to pay for addiction treatment services.
Sliding Scale Rehabs
Sliding scale rehabs are a great option if you are looking to keep costs down because they only charge you what you can reasonably pay.
IHS-Funded Drug Rehabs
If you are Indigenous, you can receive free drug and alcohol abuse treatment at an IHS-funded drug rehab, many of which are located on reservations.
Traveling to Rogers, AR: Lodging, Attractions, and Transportation
Are you thinking about traveling to an alcohol or drug rehab in Rogers? Perhaps you’re planning a visit to the city to see a loved one who’s working through treatment there? These tips can help you plan your trip:4, 5
- Northwest Arkansas National Airport is the closest airport to Rogers and is located about 15 miles southwest of the city in Bentonville.
- Interstate 49 passes directly through Rogers and into neighboring Louisiana and Missouri. Several state routes are also easily accessible from the city.
- Some areas of Rogers are walkable, but vehicle transportation is the best way to get around the city.
- If you need public transportation, Ozark Regional Transit operates two no-fare, fixed bus routes in Rogers, both of which have multiple stops. Free service is available to both residents and visitors.
- On-demand ridesharing services including Uber, Lyft, and taxi service, are available in the city.
- Rogers has several national-chain hotels and motels in every price range, as well as a few higher-end, unbranded lodging options.
- If you enjoy recreating outdoors, Beaver Lake, Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area, War Eagle Cavern, and Hickory Creek Park are all just a few miles east of the city.
- Downtown Rogers is packed with locally-owned shops, restaurants, and cafes. It also boasts a couple of museums, a performing arts theatre, the Arkansas Music Pavilion, and weekend farmers market.
Do you need help finding the right addiction treatment center in Rogers for yourself or someone you love? If so, our team is available 24/7 to assist you. Please call 800-405-1685 (Who Answers?) to chat with a treatment support specialist who can help you explore local rehab options.
Arkansas Substance Abuse and Treatment Laws
Here are some relevant substance misuse and treatment laws in Arkansas:1
Arkansas Good Samaritan Overdose Law: Encourages overdose witnesses to call 911 by protecting them from prosecution for drug charges.
Arkansas Naloxone Access Law: Arkansas residents can receive naloxone without a prescription from various pharmacies.
Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment Act: Healthcare providers can prescribe medications for medication-assisted treatment, such as Suboxone, without having to apply for approval.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. CDC Wonder Online Database. (2021). Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2020 Results, Deaths occurring through 2020.
- Arkansas Take Back. (n.d.). Benton County Opioid Dashboard.
- The Arkansas Department of Health. (2018). Benton County Health Fact Sheet.
- City of Rogers, Arkansas. (n.d.). City of Rogers partners with Ozark Regional Transit to provide zero fare, on-demand public transit.
- City of Rogers, Arkansas. (n.d.). Railyard Entertainment District.