Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics in Southaven, MS
The health of the inhabitants of Southaven and DeSoto County has suffered from the effects of substance use disorders. Here are some statistics that highlight the effects of drug and alcohol misuse in DeSoto County:1,2,3
In 2021, 15% of adults admitted to excessive drinking.
Roughly 17% of motor vehicle-related fatalities were due to alcohol-impaired driving.
Local Information About Visiting Southaven, MS
Getting treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction is the first step to a life of recovery. If you or a loved one is considering attending alcohol or drug rehab in Southaven, you will want some information about the city. Here are some valuable tips to help you as you travel.
- If you plan to fly, Memphis International Airport is the closest option to reach Southaven.
- The city has a wide range of reasonable accommodations to fit your budget.
- Southaven is not particularly friendly to walkers so you may want to arrange for your own transportation before arriving in the city.
- Southaven is known for over 200 acres of parks.
- If you enjoy golf or disc golf, there is an 18-hole disc golf course in Central Park. There is a nine-hole golf course located at the corner of Swinnea and Stateliness streets.
- If you like sports of all kinds, the city is home to a number of complexes like the Snowden Grove Baseball and Soccer Complexes, a four-field football complex, and the Greenbrook Softball Complex.
- For unique shopping, you can visit the Tanger Outlets Southaven and the Abandoned Treasures antiques shop.
- For a fun dining and shopping experience, visit the Southaven Towne Center, an open air mix of restaurants and shops.
- If you enjoy music and live shows, you can catch a show at the Snowden Grove Amphitheater.
- Family-friendly activities include the Strike Zone Bowling Lanes and the Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park.
- Mississippi Board of Pharmacy. (2022). Mississippi Prescription Monitoring Program.
- Mississippi State Department of Health. (2022). The Mississippi Opioid and Heroin Data Collaborative.
- University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. (2022). County Health Rankings and Roadmaps:Mississippi-DeSoto County.