Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics in Enid, OK
Residents of Enid, OK, and surrounding communities in Garfield County have experienced the life-threatening effects of drug abuse. Methamphetamine continues to be a public health concern in the region. Some facts about drug and alcohol use in Enid and Garfield County include:1,3
In 2021, 15% of adults in Garfield County reported excessive drinking.
In 2021, in Garfield County, 22% of auto crash deaths involved the use of alcohol.
Getting to and Around Enid, OK
If you are planning to go to drug or alcohol rehab in Enid, OK, or if you want to visit family or friends attending treatment there, here are some travel tips to help plan your trip:
- Enid is located in northwestern Oklahoma, about 100 miles from Oklahoma City.
- The nearest airport to Enid is Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City, which is a 90-minute drive.
- There is public transit in Enid, including shuttle service to the airport in Oklahoma City.
- You can reach Enid by car via US Routes 81 or 412. There is no Interstate that leads to Enid.
- There are a variety of moderately priced restaurants in Enid. You can find American fare as well as Tex-Mex, Italian, and BBQ.
- There are several hotels in the area. You can choose between national chain hotel brands, or you can look for accommodations on apps like Air BnB.
- Visitors to Enid can learn about local history at the Railroad Museum of Oklahoma or the Cherokee Strip Regional Heritage Museum.
- Oklahoma State Department of Health. (No date). GARFIELD COUNTY Drug Overdose Facts.
- Oklahoma State Department of Health. (No date). How to Get Help.
- County Health Rankings. (No date). Garfield County, OK.