Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Perth Amboy, NJ
The opioid and substance use disorder crisis in the U.S. affects Perth Amboy and the rest of Middlesex County. The following statistics illustrate the extent of drug and alcohol misuse and overdose in Middlesex County and the Metropolitan substate region where Perth Amboy is location:2,3
Close to 12% of adults 12 years and older reported using marijuana in the past year between 2016 and 2018.
Nearly 2% of adults 12 years and older reported using cocaine in the past year between 2016 and 2018.
Less than 1% of adults 12 years and older reported using heroin in the past year between 2016 and 2018.
Close to 47% of adults 12 years and older reported using alcohol in the past month between 2016 and 2018.
Traveling to and Within Perth Amboy, NJ
If you are planning to seek help from a drug and alcohol rehab in Perth Amboy, NJ, or to visit friends or family there, you may find the following travel tips valuable:
- Perth Amboy is about 30 miles southwest of New York City and an hour’s drive away.
- New Jersey (NJ) Transit offers rail and bus services to and from Perth Amboy to many cities in the region, from the Perth Amboy Station located downtown between Elm Street and Market Street.
- Perth Amboy has hot, humid summers with wet, cold winters.
- Many highways run through Perth Amboy, including Route 440, Route 184, CR 616, Route 35, and CR 501.
- You may be able to run most errands on foot in Perth Amboy. The most walkable neighborhoods include State Street, Southwestern Perth Amboy, and Downtown.
- Fast and convenient transportation options within Perth Amboy include taxis as well as ride-share options like Lyft and Uber.
- Perth Amboy has plenty of hotel options for your stay with budget-friendly options, such as Knight’s Inn, Quality Inn, Raritan Hotel, Hotel Executive Suites, and Circle Motor Lodge.
- The Perth Amboy Waterfront, Hummingbird Garden, Propriety House, and Outerbridge Crossing are fun places to explore during your stay in Perth Amboy.
- Office of the Chief State Medical Examiner. (n.d.). Dashboard.
- Department of Human Services. (2021). New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment: Substance Abuse Overview 2020 Middlesex County.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). 2016 -2018 NSDUH Substate Region Estimates – Tables.