Gateway Chicago Kedzie takes pride in its ability to provide patients with a strong, supportive recovery community after having completed a residential drug rehab program. For more than 50 years, the foundation as a whole has been devoted to guiding Chicago patients through every stage of addiction recovery—from detoxification to residential treatment to one of its many outpatient drug rehab Illinois programs. At Gateway Chicago Kedzie, the goal is to keep patients on track with recovery and ensure its support team offers patients the guidance they need as they make their way through behavioral therapy.
Patients who receive treatment at this drug rehab, Chicago, can benefit from being surrounded by peers who share similar day-to-day challenges related to resuming their careers, education, and family lives as sober individuals. Patients also have regular access to addiction treatment professionals at any given time, including certified alcohol and drug counselors (CADCs) and licensed clinical professional counselors (LCPCs).
In addition to providing a safe community, Gateway Chicago Kedzie serves as a meeting place for alumni patients who have received addiction treatment at other Gateway drug rehab Illinois centers. Alumni patients can gather at this facility regularly to plan and participate in fun, sober events and community activities that celebrate recovery and a drug- and alcohol-free lifestyle.
This drug rehab Chicago facility also holds weekly alumni meetings—including 12-step support group meetings such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA)—for former patients who enjoy and rely on staying connected to the recovery community.
Gateway Foundation recognizes that addiction and substance use disorders can physically, emotionally, and socially affect a person. Its treatment model focuses on addressing each of these aspects to help patients experience a long-term recovery and the best possible outcome. All its treatment programs are customized for each patient based on their unique circumstances and recovery needs.
The drug and alcohol rehab community at Gateway Chicago Kedzie offers highly privatized care and services to help patients feel as safe and comfortable as possible as they continue to heal from addiction. Its meeting rooms are nicely furnished to make patients feel right at home as they adjust to a sober lifestyle. Gateway Chicago Kedzie wants its patients to view this recovery center as a sanctuary, especially those who need support, structure, and a safe place to call home while they continue to receive therapy and rebuild their lives outside of this recovery community.
This facility has several comfortable seating areas large enough to accommodate group therapy sessions and meetings. It also has a cozy and bright cafeteria where patients can gather together to eat meals and share their daily experiences as they relate to work, school, family, and treatment. Plenty of outdoor seating is available at Gateway Chicago Kedzie as well, which is situated next to a relaxing and beautiful gazebo where patients can go to wind down at any time they feel like escaping to a quiet, serene place with fresh air.
Amenities at Gateway Chicago Kedzie include:
- Private accommodations that give patients plenty of space and privacy.
- A Cafeteria where patients can eat prepared meals any time of day.
- Outdoor seating where patients can benefit from fresh air and sunshine.
- A Gazebo where patients can escape to whenever they feel like relaxing outside.
- Comfortable indoor seating where patients can visit with their peers or take part in group counseling, therapy, and support group meetings.
- Outpatient therapies and services to help patients develop and strengthen skills that help them stay sober as they continue to adjust to everyday living.
Gateway Foundation in Chicago does its best to ensure every patient feels comfortable and at ease at any given time. This addiction recovery provider wants its facility to be viewed as a safe haven for those who want to recover in a place far away from negative influences and distractions that are often present outside of a drug rehab community. Its goal is to provide patients with all the resources they need to get back on their feet after recovering from addiction.
- Private setting
- Adult Program
- Men's Rehab
- Women's Rehab
- Young Adult Program
- Alcohol Rehab
- Dual Diagnosis
- Opioid Rehab
- Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Rehab
- Inpatient Rehab
- Sober Living Homes
- Aftercare Support
Outpatient services are the main specialty offered at Gateway Chicago Kedzie, followed by its sober living program. Outpatient rehab is the next level of care for patients who have completed a residential addiction treatment program with Gateway Foundation and need ongoing support and therapy in a safe, private setting. Patients who receive treatment at this drug rehab community in Chicago can benefit from receiving a variety of outpatient services and from having regular access to professional addiction treatment counselors devoted to helping them stay on track with recovery.
Alumni events and meetings are another specialty available at Gateway Chicago Kedzie. Current and former Gateway Foundation patients can visit this community as often as every week to attend 12-step support group meetings and plan fun activities and outings that celebrate sobriety. The alumni program at this drug rehab facility in Chicago allows current patients to bond and connect with former patients who may be able to share highly useful advice and tips about long-term recovery and sobriety.
Gateway Chicago Kedzie also helps patients earn back their driving privileges after receiving a DUI. The facility guides patients through the process of addressing their DUIs by making sure they attend the necessary classes, undergo mandatory evaluations, and meet specific court requirements set by the state of Illinois. Gateway understands how stressful and overwhelming it can be to navigate the court and legal systems and offer patients the expertise to fully resolve their DUI cases.
Lastly, Gateway Foundation in Chicago understands that addiction affects everyone differently. Therefore, it takes pride in developing a customized treatment plan for each patient that addresses their unique situation. Its goal is to help patients experience a long-term recovery and learn essential skills for being independent and staying abstinent from drugs and alcohol once they leave this highly therapeutic rehab community.
Drug and alcohol outpatient treatment is the main service and therapy offered at Gateway Chicago Kedzie. This recovery center helps patients adjust to a sober and healthier lifestyle after completing a residential treatment program. Individual and group counseling and support group meetings are some of the many therapeutic treatments available at this Chicago drug rehab.
Gateway Chicago Kedzie is overseen and run by addiction treatment professionals, including counselors who have their own histories of addiction and substance misuse. This fact alone often gives patients peace of mind and greater confidence when they feel the need to talk about their unique challenges as they relate to recovery and addiction.
Patients who receive outpatient treatment at Gateway Foundation in Chicago are expected to abstain from drugs and alcohol and might also be assigned various chores to maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of this community. Patients are encouraged to attend regular 12-step meetings and submit to regular drug testing as part of their commitment to recovery. The staff at Gateway Chicago Kedzie encourages and works with patients to help them return to work or school, reconnect with their loved ones, and receive relapse prevention training—all of which prepare them for highly functional and productive independent living outside of this recovery community.
In addition to offering safe and comfortable housing, Gateway Chicago Kedzie offers the following therapies and treatments:
- Outpatient treatment to serve those who may need additional behavioral therapy and relapse prevention training before moving back into their homes outside of a drug rehab living community.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) helps patients identify and change harmful behaviors and attitudes that may have contributed to their addiction.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) teaches patients how to manage difficult emotions and harmful, self-destructive behaviors such as cutting, hair-pulling, and substance misuse.
- Individual counseling, which allows patients to speak one-on-one with their therapists about their unique emotions, thoughts, and struggles.
- Group counseling, which allows patients to receive therapy in a group setting where they can learn from and bond with peers about similar problems related to addiction.
- Motivational enhancement therapy, which motivates patients to make a series of healthy changes in their lives that reduce their desire to use drugs and alcohol.
- Trauma-informed therapy, which helps patients recognize how trauma has played a role in their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, including those related to addiction.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) teaches patients how to embrace and accept their thoughts and feelings rather than feeling sad, regretful, or guilty about them.
- 12-step facilitation therapy (e.g., AA, NA), which is a form of self-help and support group therapy that promotes abstinence from drugs and alcohol and teaches patients how to give themselves over to a higher power in a way that facilitates healing from substance misuse.
- Alumni program, which allows current and former patients of Gateway Foundation rehab programs to convene and celebrate sobriety while participating in drug- and alcohol-free events and activities.
- DUI evaluation and classes, which help patients earn back their driver’s license and go through the legal steps needed to resolve their DUI charges and penalties.
- Joint Commission: Yes
- Self-pay options
- Private insurance
- Financing available