Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in the Jurupa Valley Area
In the last decade, the rates of drug and alcohol use and overdose have increased in Jurupa Valley and its larger neighbor, Riverside.3, 4
Paying for Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Jurupa Valley, CA
Alcohol and drug rehab can be expensive, but you can find quality care in the Jurupa Valley area for just about any budget. Start me searching “drug rehabs near me” or “alcohol rehabs near me.” Jurupa Valley drug rehabs include a variety of free and low-cost options.
Free Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Jurupa Valley
Free inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment facilities include state-funded centers that use government funds to make rehab affordable for nearly everyone. Free and low-cost rehab services are also available through non-profit community organizations, faith communities, and private facilities funded by grants, donations, or endowments. Some private and community treatment programs also offer rehab scholarships, which cover all or part of the cost of inpatient or outpatient rehab services.
Free or low-cost rehab options for both short-term and long-term treatment in the Jurupa Valley area include Inland Empire Teen Challenge. This facility provides inpatient rehab and long-term aftercare support for men and young adults. This Riverside treatment center also accepts Medicare and Medi-Cal/Medicaid.
Private Insurance, Medicare, and Medi-Cal
Most health insurance plans must cover addiction treatment in the same way as other medical conditions. That includes:
- Residential and outpatient treatment
- Medications like Methadone and Antabuse
Drug and alcohol rehab in Jurupa Valley area and Riverside County can be covered by a variety of insurance plans. Most private drug rehab centers in the area accept individual and employer-managed plans from providers such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and TRICARE—the program for military personnel and their families.
Medicare is a government-funded insurance program for those over 65, or who have certain health conditions.5 Medi-Cal is California’s version of Medicaid, a government insurance program for those with low incomes or certain disabilities and health conditions, regardless of age. Like Medicare, Medi-Cal can cover most if not all costs of inpatient or outpatient rehab and related services.6
In the Jurupa Valley area, drug rehab centers accepting private insurance or Medi-Cal include:
- Vista Pacifica Enterprises: Located in Riverside, Vista Pacifica is a private inpatient treatment center for adults and young adults. Vista Pacifica accepts both Medi-Cal/Medicaid and a variety of self-pay options.
- Riverside Recovery Resources: Riverside Recovery Resources is a private treatment center with programs for both men and women. It accepts private insurance along with self-payment plans.
Private rehab facilities make their own decisions about payment options, including the insurance plans they accept. You’ll need to check with individual programs to learn whether your plan is on their list.
Is it Easy to Travel to and Within Jurupa Valley, California?
There isn’t a drug rehab in Jurupa Valley itself, but nearby Riverside has a wide range of treatment centers. If you’re looking for Jurupa Valley alcohol rehab or drug rehab, or supporting someone who’s seeking treatment, you may want to know a little about northern Riverside County.
- Jurupa Valley is located just 28 miles from downtown Los Angeles and 10 miles from Riverside.
- Nearby Riverside is home to a University of California campus, numerous parks, and plenty of restaurants, museums, and other attractions.
- Jurupa Valley is served by Riverside Transit Agency bus lines and a Los Angeles Metrolink metro line.
- In nearby Ontario, the Ontario International Airport serves major international and domestic commercial airlines.
- If you’re traveling by car, you can reach Jurupa Valley via Interstate 15 or California State Route 60 on the north side of the city. Farther south, Interstate 10 heads directly into Los Angeles.
- Major hotel and motel chains such as DoubleTree Inn, Hampton Inn Suites, and Motel 6 are located in and around Jurupa Valley, including neighboring Riverside and Ontario.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (2020). National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2020. State Tables: California.
- National Conference of State Legislatures. (2017). Drug Overdose Immunity Laws and Good Samaritan Laws.
- California Health Care Foundation. (2018). California Health Care Almanac. Substance Use in California: A look at Addiction and Treatment.
- California Health Care Foundation. 2022 Edition. ( 2022). Substance Use in California: Prevalence and Treatment.
- Center for Medicare Advocacy. (n.d.). Medicare Coverage of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- California Department of Health Care Services.(2021).What is Medi-Cal?