Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics in Westminster
Some of the statistics around alcohol and drug use in Westminster and Adams County include:1,2
Regular alcohol and drug use do not necessarily mean you will develop an alcohol use disorder (AUD) or substance use disorder (SUD). Still, it does increase your risk.
How to Pay for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Westminster
The cost of Westminster drug rehab can vary greatly depending on several factors. Free centers exist for those who qualify. Luxury rehab centers can cost thousands of dollars and offer resort-like amenities.
Free Treatment Options
If you search for “Westminster alcohol rehabs,” you will find a wide range of options, including free rehab facilities. Some of the free options include:
- State-funded rehabs funded by the government
- Free methadone clinics offering treatment for opioid addiction
- Grants and scholarships funded by government funds or private donors that pay for your stay at a private rehab center
Some free drug rehab centers near Westminster include:
- Community Reach Center
- Center for Change
If you are unsure whether a rehab center is free, speak with someone on the staff and ask about sliding scale fees and any available financial aid.
Private Insurance Coverage
Private insurance is always an option in paying for treatment as well. Most Westminster rehabs will accept insurance carriers such as BCBS, Cigna, and Aetna. Look into your specific policy to determine your co-pays and deductibles when paying for rehab. Most insurance policies require you to pay some out-of-pocket costs, but it will depend on your plan.
If you are unsure how to find this information, look on the back of your insurance card for a customer service phone number.
Medicare and Medicaid Coverage
If you do not have private insurance, you may be eligible for Medicare or Medicaid. These insurance programs receive government funding to provide free or low-cost healthcare to American citizens.
Medicare is available for American citizens over the age of 65 and for some younger people with disabilities. You can expect Medicare to cover the following:3
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Inpatient and residential care
- Outpatient therapeutic services
- Substance abuse screenings
- Medication-assisted treatment for withdrawals and addictions
- Group and family therapy sessions
Medicaid is funded through the federal and local governments, so the program varies from state to state. It covers most mental health services, as Medicare does. To be eligible for Medicaid, you must be part of a qualifying group, such as low-income individuals, pregnant women and children, or someone receiving supplemental security income. Each state has its own eligibility requirements as well. In Westminster, some of the covered services under Medicaid include:4
- Alcohol and drug assessments
- Behavioral health therapies
- Detox services
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Inpatient and outpatient services
- Group counseling
Westminster, Colorado Local Information: Getting Around
If you have never been to Westminster before, some traveling tips and information could help you or a loved one navigate to and around the city.
Transportation: The closest airport to Westminster is the Denver Airport, 19 miles away. In addition, the Regional Transportation District (RTD) operates local and regional bus routes, commuter and light rail lines, and specialty shuttle service and para-transit services in the Denver metro region, which includes Westminster.
Accommodations: Westminster offers many friendly accommodations for loved ones visiting during your treatment. The city also offers many outdoor adventures with an extensive trail network, including 74 miles of off-road trails and nine miles of on-street trails with more than 40 pedestrian and bike underpasses.
Whether you travel to Westminster or choose another location for rehab, seeking treatment is the best chance at recovery. If you or someone you love needs drug or alcohol rehab, please call 800-926-9037 (Who Answers?) today to speak to a specialist about treatment options.
- Tri-County Health Department. (2020). Adams County Factsheet.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. (2017). Adams County Opioid Profile.
- CENTERS for MEDICARE & MEDICAID SERVICES. (2022). Medicare and Your Mental Health Benefits. Medicare.gov.
- Health First Colorado. (n.d.). Benefits and Services. Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing.