Substance Abuse Statistics in Broomfield, CO
Data tracked between 2016 and 2021 regarding overdoses among Broomfield County residents show the following:2
- 657 visits to the emergency department for drug overdose
- 254 hospital admissions for drug overdose
The Healthy Kids Colorado Survey separated data by region. Broomfield is in region 16. Research revealed surprising data on teens between 15 and 18:3
- 32.9% binge drank in the previous month.
- 12.5% drank for the first time before the age of 13.
- 11% have tried cocaine, inhalants, glue, meth, and ecstasy.
- 11.9% have misused prescription pain medications at least once.
- 74.5% smoked marijuana that was given to them by an adult in the past month.
- 1 in 5, or 19%, of adults, admit to binge drinking in the month before the survey.
Everything You Need to Know About Broomfield, CO
Broomfield is known more for its technology companies, healthcare businesses, and as the home base warehouse for well-known products. Broomfield, also the name of the county, is a great place to escape the stress of bigger cities.
The Denver International Airport is a little over 30 miles from Broomfield. Denver connects with large and small airports around the globe, including the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport, which provides quick flights between Denver and Broomfield.
You may also choose:5
- Bus Rapid transit for highway and community travels
- Flex Ride for on-demand services within the community
- RTD Access-a Ride and Broomfield Easy Ride for seniors and people with disabilities
- VetsGo is for veterans over 60 and their families.
- Smart Commute Metro North for direct travel into Denver
Broomfield is also bicycle and walking-friendly, with detailed street maps for easy navigation and bike and ride shelters. However, if you prefer traditional transportation, you can rent a car or call a taxi, Uber, or Lyft. Finding a place to stay in Broomfield is easy with the numerous hotels, resorts, Air BnB rentals, and VRBO locations. Whether you plan to receive treatment at a Broomfield drug rehab or visit a loved one, you will find plenty of activities to keep you busy in your spare time.
- Adventure sports
- Music festivals
- Helicopter tours
- Shopping centers
- Outdoor activities
- Spa and fitness programs
- Memorials and museums
- Aquatic Parks
- Denver, the Mile High City. 2022. Overdose Deaths Continue to Rise Exponentially Prevention is Crucial.
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment. 2021. Colorado Drug Overdose Dashboard.
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment. 2021. Healthy Kids Colorado Survey and Smart Source Information.
- City and County of Broomfield Health and Human Services. 2018. Health Profile.
- City and County of Broomfield. 2022. Transit Options.