Drug and Alcohol Statistics in Florissant, MO
In the past five years, Florissant and St. Louis County have seen a drop in hospitalizations and deaths related to heroin, but other opioid drugs, mainly fentanyl, contributed to the largest number of substance-related deaths overall. Here are a few more recent statistics on drug and alcohol use in Florissant and St. Louis County.2, 3
The substance-related mortality rate for men rose by 52.7% in the same period, compared to 15.7% for women.
Stimulant-related overdose deaths increased by 136% between 2016 and 2020.
In 2020, fentanyl contributed to 93.8% of opioid-related overdose deaths, up from 53% in 2016.
Traveling to and Within Florissant, MO
If you’re looking for alcohol or drug rehab in Florissant, or if you’re supporting a loved one or friend who’s receiving help at an alcohol and drug rehab in Florissant or St. Louis County, you might want to know a few facts about travel, transportation, and places to stay in the area:
- Florissant has a variety of historical attractions, arts events at the Florissant Performing Arts Center, and festivals including the Florissant Valley of Flowers.
- The St. Louis city center is just 22 miles from Florissant.
- Florissant is served by Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, which less than four miles away.
- Florissant has city-wide bus service including free rides for those over 60.
- Metro St. Louis bus service also runs routes between Florissant and St. Louis.
- The city has several national hotel and motel chains including Quality Inn, La Quinta, and Motel 6.
- City of Florissant, MO. (n.d.). Visitors.
- Missouri Department of Mental Health. (2021). Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators St. Louis County 2021.
- St Louis County Department of Public Health (2021). Substance Involved Deaths, St. Louis County, Missouri.