Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics in St. Peters, MO
According to the state of Missouri, opioids are a growing concern within St. Peters and surrounding St. Charles County. Some facts about drug use in St. Charles County include:1
In 2020, 774 people visited the ER for drug overdoses.
Of the total number of ER visits for overdose, 358 were for opioid overdoses.
Travel to and Within St. Peters, MO
Here are some travel tips that may be helpful if you plan to attend rehab in St Peters or will be visiting loved ones in treatment there:
- The closest airport to St. Peters, MO, is Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. The airport is about 15 miles away.
- You can reach St. Peters by car via Interstate 70.
- There is no public transit in St. Peters, so you will need access to a car or ride-share service in order to get around the area.
- There are a variety of restaurants within St. Peters, many of which are family-friendly. For fine dining options, you can go to nearby St. Louis, which has a thriving restaurant scene.
- The Interstate 70 corridor near St. Peters is home to dozens of hotels. You can choose among national brands with varying price points.
- Visitors to St. Peters can take advantage of the many parks and recreation facilities in the city, including the St. Peters Rec-Plex. A quick drive to St. Louis can take you to the St. Louis Zoo, the Missouri Botanical Garden, and historical sites such as the St. Louis Arch and museum. St. Louis also offers live entertainment, such as music and theatre, as well as professional sports.
- St. Peters Missouri. (n.d.). St. Peters Facts & Figures.
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services. (n.d.). Drug Overdose Dashboard – Fatal Overdoses.