Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Wellington, FL
Many residents in Wellington use alcohol and prescription as well as illicit drugs, and Wellington has seen the impact of drug and alcohol misuse on the community. The Florida Department of Health reported the following statistics on drug and alcohol use in Palm Beach County:1,2
Nearly 10% of the residents reported using illicit drugs in the past month between 2016 and 2018
Close to 3% reported cocaine use and less than 1% reported heroin use in the past year between 2016 and 2018
About 1,200 children were enrolled in substance use programs in 2021.
Nearly 2,700 adults were enrolled in substance use programs in 2021.
- There were 265 alcohol-confirmed motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2020.
- About 240 residents died from opioid overdose in 2021.
Traveling to and Within Wellington, FL
If you are seeking rehab in Wellington, Florida, or visiting friends and family receiving rehab in Wellington, you may need information about hotels and transportation in the region. The following tips will guide your plans for your travel and stay in Wellington:
- Palm Tran provides bus service for all of Palm Beach County including Wellington, Florida. You can use Palm Tran to get to shopping locations like Boca Town Center Mall and Wellington Mall.
- Palm Beach International Airport, the closest airport is 11 miles away. Fort Lauderdale/ Hollywood International Airport is further away from Wellington.
- Amtrak offers rail travel options, and the Palm Beach Amtrak Station is closest to Wellington
- Wellington is fifteen minutes from the Atlantic coast. You will be minutes away from some of the beautiful Florida beaches including Palm Beach, Lake Worth, and Singer Island.
- The need for a car to run errands in Wellington will depend on where you live. You can complete most errands on foot if you live in neighborhoods like Greenview Shores, Wellington Green, and Olympia which are walkable.
- Rideshare options such as Uber and Lyft provide fast and convenient transport within the city and nearby communities.
- Places to stay in Wellington and Palm Beach include Airbnb, motels, and hotels, including affordable options such as Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriot, DoubleTree, and Hampton Inn.
- Florida Department of Health. (n.d.). Substance Use Dashboard
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). 2016 -2018 NSDUH Substate Region Estimates – Tables.