Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Taylorsville, Utah
Here’s a brief overview of what substance abuse looks like for the Salt Lake City metropolitan area: 2,3
Getting to and Around Taylorsville, Utah
If you’re planning to get help through an inpatient treatment program in Taylorsville, attend an outpatient program, or visit a loved one at a treatment center there, you’ll need to know how to get around and what’s available.
Here are a few travel tips for your visit or stay in Taylorsville:
- The Salt Lake City International Airport is the closest major airport to Taylorsville at just 14 miles away. The Provo Municipal Airport is another major airport nearby at 41 miles outside of the town.
- Taylorsville offers public transportation via metro bus, light rail, and trolley services. Uber and Lyft are also widely available, as are traditional taxi services, private car services, and rental cars.
- Since Taylorsville is a part of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, you won’t have a problem finding accommodations. There are plenty of hotels to suit all budgets and needs, as well as motels and bed and breakfasts. There are also some incredible campgrounds in the area that you can book for some of your stay if you enjoy sleeping under a starry sky.
- While Taylorsville is a very safe city, it’s not very walkable. You’ll need to arrange for transportation if you’re planning a lot of activities or errands while there.
- Taylorsville is full of enjoyable activities and attractions, especially if you love nature. This includes golfing, hiking, biking, museums, restaurants, shopping, and much more.
- Utah Department of Health. (n.d.). Health Indicator of Drug Overdose and Poisoning Incidents.
- U.S. Department of Justice: National Drug Intelligence Center. (2003.). Drug Threat Assessment: Utah
- SAMHSA: THE NSDUH Report. (n.d.). Substance Use and Mental Disorders in the Salt Lake City.