Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Union City, New Jersey
To see an accurate picture of the impact drugs and alcohol have had on Union City and its residents, we can look at studies from agencies like the CDC and SAMHSA:1,3
75% of rehab clients were men in 2020 in Union City.
47,406 people went to rehab for opiate addiction in New Jersey in 2019.
Traveling to and Within Union City, New Jersey
Union City is close to major metro areas, being between eight and thirteen minutes away from the Big Apple as well as West New York, Fairview, and Cliffside Park. Here is more information about Union City, New Jersey:
- If you need to fly into an international airport, the nearest one to Union City is the New York Newark Liberty International Airport less than ten miles away. It’s easy to get from the airport to Union City via the NJ Transit system. Light rails, buses, and the river line connect cities across the metro region.
- Union City has 20 churches of different denominations, including the grand Holy Family Roman Catholic Church. There are also three Hindu temples.
- The Union City School District has 14 primary schools, and family-friendly activities such as art exhibits and holiday events are scheduled year-round.
- There are 18 public parks in the city and five golf courses only a few minutes away by car.
- Nature enthusiasts and history lovers alike can spend time at the five museums in the area, such as the William V. Musto Cultural Center, which has a rotating schedule of activities and classes.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). CDC Wonder Tool.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. (2022). Treatment Locator Tool.
- State of New Jersey Department of Human Services. (2022, July). Substance Abuse Overview 2021 Hudson County.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. (2022). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS) 2019.