Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Passaic, New Jersey
Passaic has seen an increasing amount of crime and injury due to drugs and alcohol in recent years, as shown by the following statistics:1,2,3,5
The number of women prescribed benzodiazepines, however, is considerably higher than men, with women making up 65% of prescribed patients in Passaic.
25% of opiate prescriptions in Passaic County are for people aged 55-64.
Traveling to and Within Passaic, New Jersey
If you’re considering moving to New Jersey for rehab or you are visiting a recovering loved one, you’ll be pleased with how easy it is to get to Passaic and go about daily life:
- The closest international airport to Passaic is JFK, about an hour’s drive southwest of the city. You can arrive by train, with multiple options in the city such as NJ Transit System, the NJ Light Rail, or Amtrak.
- The city has plenty of amenities, with three post offices, 14 grocery stores, more than 18 dining spots, and two public libraries.
- Spend your free time taking in a movie at any of the dozen or so options in the city, such as the Center Cinemas live theater and movie house or the IPIC Theaters which features in-seat dining.
- Families can use one of the 20 primary schools in the area and cool off any of the ten nearby public pools.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. (2022). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS) 2019.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). CDC Wonder Tool.
- State of New Jersey Department of Health Services. (2022). New Jersey Prescription Monitoring Program.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2022). Treatment Locator Map.
- State of New Jersey Department of Health Services. (August 2021). New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment. Substance Abuse Overview 2020 Statewide.