Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Weymouth, Massachusetts
Data provided by local and federal agencies shows the number of people that are affected by drugs and alcohol each year in Weymouth:1,3,4
- The rate of people that overdosed on illicit drugs in 2020 was 104.9 deaths per 100,000 residents
Traveling to and Within Weymouth, Massachusetts
History lovers rejoice, Weymouth is a panacea of Americana lore, centuries-old architecture, and stockholders of knowledge, like the Tufts Library, founded in 1879. Here is some info about Weymouth, such as how to get here:
- The nearest airport, Boston Logan International (BOS) is 25 minutes north of Weymouth Town, and there is public transportation available on the MBTA SilverLine, though that route takes around an hour. There are also taxis and airport shuttles that could give you a ride if you want to save time and don’t have a vehicle.
- The MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) operates dozens of cross-city bus routes with daily service and reduced fares available for seniors, people with disabilities, and school-age kids in the area.
- Shopping and dining are abundant in Weymouth, such as at one of the 15 malls and shopping outlets, such as the Weymouth Shopping Center with dozens of stores, a movie theater, and fine and casual dining.
- Weymouth is home to three public libraries and twelve different museums, including the Museum of Zoology’s Snake Conservation and Applied Research Facility, and the Bare Cove Fire Museum.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). CDC Wonder Tool.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2022). Treatment Locator Map.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health. (June 2022). Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths, All Intents by City/Town, 2015-2021.
- Center for Disease Control. (2022). U.S. County Opioid Dispensing Rates, 2020.