Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics in Wheaton, IL
Wheaton, IL, and the surrounding DuPage County have seen dramatic health effects in people misusing opioids and other drugs. Here are some facts about drug and alcohol use in DuPage County, IL:1,3
In 2021, 21% of DuPage County residents reported excessive drinking.
In 2021, 27% of auto accident fatalities were connected to alcohol use.
13.8% were fentanyl and alcohol
12.4% were heroin and alcohol
Traveling to and Within Wheaton, IL
Wheaton, IL is about 25 miles from Chicago. Here are some travel planning trips if you are considering attending drug or alcohol rehab in Wheaton, IL, or if you will be visiting loved ones in treatment there:
- The closest airport to Wheaton, IL is Chicago O’Hare Airport, which is 13 miles away. You can also fly into Chicago Midway Airpot, which is 19 miles from Wheaton.
- You can drive into Wheaton by taking local roads that connect to Interstates 88 and 355.
- There are Metro light rail stops in Wheaton for people traveling to and from Chicago. You can get around Wheaton proper by car or using a rideshare app.
- There are a variety of restaurants around Wheaton, many of which offer family-friendly dining. You can get fast food and eat at chain restaurants as well as local specialties like Chicago-style pizza.
- There are dozens of hotels in Wheaton and in nearby Chicago. Accommodations are available a many price points, from affordable chains to luxury hotels in downtown Chicago.
- Visitors to Wheaton might enjoy the DuPage History Museum or visit the many local parks. Nearby Chicago has a selection of live entertainment choices like music and theatre, as well as professional sports. Lake Michigan offers opportunities for water sports like swimming and boating during the warm parts of the year.
- Illinois Department of Public Health. (No date). Opioid Data Dashboard.
- DuPage County Health Department. (No date). Substance Use Treatment.
- County Health Rankings. (No date). DuPage, IL.