Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Marietta, GA
Like much of the U.S., Roswell has seen an increase in opioid use and related opioid overdoses in recent years. The Georgia Department of Public Health reported the following statistics for Fulton County and the corresponding substate region:1,2
About 10% of residents in the substate region reported marijuana use in the past year from 2016-2018.
Less than 1% of residents in the substate region reported heroin use in the past month from 2016-2018.
About 1% of residents in the substate region reported cocaine use in the past year from 2016-201.
Close to 45% of residents in the substate region reported alcohol use in the past month from 2016-2018.
Local Information: Visiting Marietta, GA
Marietta is a northern suburb of Atlanta with plenty of activities and places to explore during your stay. The following information may be helpful if you plan to visit a loved one in a Marietta rehab or seek help for addiction in Marietta:
- Marietta has a subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild rainy winters with rare snowfalls.
- The nearest airport for travel to and from Marietta is the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Marietta is about 24 miles from Atlanta and a 30-minute drive by car using the highways.
- CobbLinc offers local bus services to popular destinations such as Six Flags over Georgia and connections to the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA).
- You may need a car for errands in Marietta; however, you may be able to complete some errands on foot if you live in some neighborhoods including Oakton, Hardage Farm, and Barrett Green.
- Taxi and rideshare options like Lyft and Uber are fast and convenient options for travel within Marietta.
- Marietta is accessible by Route 3 and U.S. Route 41 that run through it as well as I-75
- The closest Amtrak station for rail travel to and from Marietta is in Atlanta.
- Marietta has numerous hotels to choose from including the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel and Conference Center, Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard by Marriot Atlanta Marietta, Double Tree by Hilton, and Wyndham Garden Marietta Atlanta.
- Places to explore in Marietta include the Scope Creek Trail, Marietta Square, Marietta Museum of History, Six Flags, and Gone with the Wind Museum.
- Georgia Department of Public Health. (n.d.). Opioid Overdose Surveillance Preliminary County Report Georgia, 2020.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). 2016-2018 NSDUH Substate Region Estimates – Tables.