Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Bradenton, FL
Let’s break down some alcohol and drug use statistics for both Bradenton and Manatee County:1,3
Bradenton Police made 63 DUI arrests in 2021.
There were 116 car crashes involving alcohol in the county in 2020, resulting in 13 deaths.
- In 2020, Manatee County reported 141 all drug overdose deaths, which was a slight increase from 2019.
- 85% of those deaths involved opioids.
- In 2021, 1,125 adults in the county entered substance use disorder treatment.
- There were 105 people under the age of 18 who entered addiction treatment.
What to Know About Visiting Bradenton, FL
Whether you’re considering an inpatient, outpatient, or detox facility in Bradenton or will be in town visiting a loved one who is receiving addiction treatment in the city, let’s look at what you can expect when visiting Bradenton:
- Visitors to Bradenton can use the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport.
- The city is connected to St. Petersburg by the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
- Manatee County Area Transit buses serve Bradenton and the surrounding area.
- Major League Baseball’s Pittsburgh Pirates play spring training games at Bradenton’s LECOM Park.
- One popular area of Bradenton is the Village of the Arts, a renovated neighborhood where special laws allow residents to live and work in their homes.
- The area is surrounded by both fresh and saltwater and borders the Manatee River.
- The South Florida Museum, Bishop Planetarium, and Parker Manatee Aquarium are all located on the Manatee River in downtown Bradenton.
- The Bradenton Riverwalk runs along the banks of the Manatee River and features walking paths, spots for fishing, beach volleyball, and a skateboard park.
- Hotels to fit every budget are available in and around Bradenton.
- Florida Department of Health. (n.d.). Substance Use Dashboard.
- Florida Department of Health – Manatee County. (2022, September 14). DOH-Manatee joins statewide naloxone expansion initiative targeted substance abuse deaths.
- Bradenton Police Department. (n.d.). 2021 Annual Report.