Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in North Little Rock, AR
Opioid overdose deaths are on the rise across Pulaski County. Here are some statistics for both the county and North Little Rock related to alcohol and drug use:3,4,5
In 2019, 16% of adults in the county reported binge or heavy drinking.
Between 2016 and 2020, 28% of driving deaths in the county involved alcohol.
Traveling to and Within North Little Rock, AR
If you are thinking about attending a drug or alcohol rehab center in North Little Rock or have plans to visit to see a friend or family member who is in a detox program or rehab there, here are some helpful tips about visiting the city:
- The closest major airport to North Little Rock is the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport. This airport is about 8 miles from downtown North Little Rock.
- The Rock Region Metro offers bus service throughout the area, including North Little Rock, which is where its headquarters is located.
- The city’s downtown is best known for the Argenta Historic District. This is where you’ll find Dickey-Stephens Park, home of the Arkansas Travelers minor league baseball team along with local businesses, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- The River Rail Streetcar runs through Historic Downtown Argenta, providing a convenient way to get around the area.
- At 1,700 acres, Burns Park in North Little Rock is Arkansas’ largest urban park. You can take advantage of two disc-golf courses, two standard golf courses, a BMX track, a tennis center, playgrounds, a seasonal amusement park, and trails with access to the Arkansas River Trail.
- The Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum is located along the shore of the Arkansas River. You can check out two Naval ships that were used at the start and end of World War II.
- The Old Mill is a historic re-creation of an 1880s water-powered grist mill. Movie buffs will enjoy knowing that it was featured in the opening scenes of the movie “Gone With the Wind.”
- North Little Rock Police Department. (2021, December 17). North Little Rock Police Make Significant Drug Arrest.
- The United States Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of Arkansas. (2022, November 9). Three Federal Operations in Pine Bluff and Little Rock Lead to Dozens of Drug & Firearm Arrests.
- Arkansas Department of Public Safety. (2022). 2021 Drug Narcotic Arrests by Contributor.
- University of Wisconsin Public Health Rankings. (2022). County Health Rankings – Pulaski.
- Arkansas Department of Human Services. (2022). Pulaski County Opioid Dashboard.