Valium, also known by its generic name diazepam, is a benzodiazepine derivative that often causes a serious addiction syndrome in those who abuse it. If you have been abusing Valium and have chosen to attend inpatient care, it is important to find the best program for your particular situation. Call 800-654-0987 now to be matched with a rehab center that will cater to your needs.
Why Choose Inpatient Treatment for Valium Rehab?
Like most other prescription sedatives, Valium can cause severe issues in those who abuse it, including:
- Abrupt and sometimes deadly withdrawal symptoms, including seizures (US Food and Drug Administration)
- Overdose causing respiratory depression, coma, and other potentially deadly symptoms
- Temporary psychosis
- An increase in severe side effects
In many cases, those who have been abusing the drug require inpatient care because of the severity of their psychological situation. Even those who did not suffer from anxiety might do so after abusing the drug, and those who did struggle with an additional psychological disorder before will also require simultaneous treatment for this issue (Psychiatric Quarterly). Therefore, it is much safer to attend inpatient care for the treatment of Valium abuse.
What Should I Look for in an Inpatient Program?
Finding an inpatient program for addiction treatment is different than finding an outpatient facility. For one reason, you will be at your rehab center 24 hours a day, so it is extremely important that you are comfortable in the facility and that the environment is conducive to your recovery. Otherwise, you will be likely to leave treatment early, and this could result in a less beneficial recovery, as “good outcomes are contingent on adequate treatment length” (National Institute on Drug Abuse).Take Back Your Life. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
It is also important to look for a program that offers the treatment options you require and those you believe will be most beneficial to your recovery. In most cases, inpatient rehab centers for benzodiazepine addiction are expected to provide
- Medications that can minimize the symptoms of one’s withdrawal, including benzodiazepines that can be tapered off slowly so the severity of one’s symptoms are reduced
- Behavioral therapies that allow patients to see their addictions in a new light, find new coping mechanisms in order to fight cravings and reduce stress in their daily lives, make changes to the reward pathway of the brain, and learn better life skills
- Holistic options, such as yoga, meditation, massage therapy, etc., that promote serenity and can help reduce anxiety
- Any other help you may require, including vocational, educational, housing, and medical assistance
Inpatient programs are meant to provide more intensive care than outpatient facilities, and it is important that the option you choose can provide you with everything you require for a safe recovery from Valium addiction.
Finding Valium Rehab––And Knowing You’ve Found the Best Option
We can help match you with a rehab center that offers the programs and treatments you require, as well as any additional necessities that will affect your recovery. According to the NIDA, “Effective treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug abuse,” and your program should be able to provide you with anything you need in this sense. Remember, your culture, age, gender, ethnicity, physical and psychological state can all affect your treatment.Family is Forever.Get Help for Your Loved One. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
Once you believe you have found a program that is likely to benefit you, call the facility and ask any questions you may have, including:
- What treatment options does your facility provide?
- What is your program’s success rate with patients?
- What are the philosophies of your program?
- Will your facility take my insurance and, if so, how much of my treatment will be paid for?
It can also be very helpful in making a decision if you decide to take a tour of the facility. This way, you can find out if you feel comfortable there before you decide to attend their program. In addition, you can meet the staff and discuss your potential treatment program with them. This not only allows you to find out if the program can meet your needs but also if you will feel comfortable with the healthcare providers who will be caring for you.
Seek Inpatient Care for Valium Addiction Today
If you are able to go through these steps and feel comfortable with a specific facility, you will have likely found the best inpatient Valium rehab center for your individual recovery. Call 800-654-0987 now to begin looking for this program and to start your recovery from Valium addiction today.