Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Grand Island, Nebraska
It can be challenging to get a clear picture of the negative impacts that substance abuse has on communities. Here’s a brief overview of what substance abuse looks like in Grand Island and the rest of Hall County:1, 2, 3
In the same 2016 survey, 0.2% of 12th-grade students reportedly used heroin more than once in their lifetime, 1.5% used ecstasy more than once, and 1.3% used synthetic drugs more than once.
As for prescription drugs, 7.2% of 12th graders in the survey admitted to misusing them more than once, while 3.1% admitted to their continuous use of prescription drugs. Another 10.5% of 12th graders admitted to using other illicit substances more than once.
Local Information for Grand Island, Nebraska
Whether you’re seeking help for your addiction from a drug or alcohol rehab in Grand Island or plan to visit someone in a treatment center, you’ll want to have an idea of what it’s like there.
Here are a few travel tips to help you plan your stay there:
- Central Nebraska Regional Airport is the nearest domestic airport, and Kearney Regional Airport is the second. They are a total distance of four miles and 40 miles, respectively.
- The state of Nebraska does not have an international airport.
- Grand Island is filled with hotels and other types of accommodations for all budgets and needs.
- Grand Island is served by CRANE Public Transit, which provides buses and shuttles. Car rentals and other services, such as rideshares, are also available.
- Only certain parts of Grand Island are walkable, so you’ll likely have to plan your transportation for most activities.
- There is plenty to do in Grand Island, including visiting the Stuhr Museum-Prairie Pioneer, the Grand Theatre, the Island Oasis Water Park, the Hall County Park, and more.
- NTV News. (2022, May 23). Grand Island Police Investigating Teen’s Drug Overdose.
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. (2016). Nebraska Risk and Protective Factor Student Survey Results for 2016: Hall County.
- Well Being in the Nation Network. (n.d.). Health: Hall County, Nebraska.