Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Frederick, MD
By age group, 25-34 year-olds experienced the greatest number of opioid overdose deaths in Monroe County in 2021.5
In 2021, there were 128 emergency department visits in Monroe County due to opioid overdose.5
The rate of drug-related crime in Bloomington is 1.12 per 1,000 residents per year.6
There were 39 deaths due to opioid overdose in Monroe County in 2021.5
Traveling to and Within Frederick, MD
If you’ll be traveling for addiction treatment in Frederick, MD, or visiting a loved one currently undergoing treatment at a Frederick drug and alcohol rehab, here are some valuable tips to guide your travel plans:
- The closest airport is Hagerstown (27 miles). Other nearby options include Washington Dulles (32 miles), and Baltimore (43 miles).
- Frederick is not a walkable or bikeable city, but rideshare services such as Lyft and Uber are available to get around town by car.
- Frederick County TransIT offers bus routes throughout the city. All shuttles, connectors, and TransIT-plus are free for all riders.
- Frederick is home to several hotels/motels with rates under $100. Locations are clustered along the Interstate 270 and Highway 15 corridors.
- Locals consider the southeast part of Frederick to be the safest area of the city.
- Frederick attractions include the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, the Francis Scott Key monument, and the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum.
- Great day trip options from Frederick include exploring the sights in Washington, D.C. or Baltimore.
- [email protected], E. R. (2021, June 10). Police: Frederick’s opioid trends keep largely the same in 2021. The Frederick News-Post. https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/crime_and_justice/cops_and_crime/police-fredericks-opioid-trends-keep-largely-the-same-in-2021/article_d788b9ad-7293-5c71-971c-0e62b7bee86c.html
- Provisional County drug overdose deaths. (2022, October 11). https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/prov-county-drug-overdose.htm
- [email protected], M. G. K. (2022, January 14). Frederick County overdoses decline 12%, but advocates say more work is to be done. The Frederick News-Post. https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/health/frederick-county-overdoses-decline-12-but-advocates-say-more-work-is-to-be-done/article_b11bca7f-5b92-56d0-8b6d-f1ee30865806.html
- S. County Opioid Dispensing Rates, 2020. (2022, October 7). CDC Injury Center. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/rxrate-maps/county2020.html