Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics for Columbus, IN
Like many communities in Indiana and across the United States, Columbus has seen significant health problems caused by opioid use. Synthetic opioids have led to overdoses and deaths in Columbus and Bartholomew County. Some statistics about drug and alcohol use in Columbus include the following:1,3
In 2021, 16% of Bartholomew County residents said they engaged in excessive drinking.
In 2021, 11% of auto crash deaths in Bartholomew County involved alcohol.
Getting to and Around Columbus, IN
If you are planning to go to drug or alcohol rehab in Columbus, IN, or if you will be visiting loved ones in recovery there, here are some helpful tips for planning travel to the area:
- Columbus is about an hour south of Indianapolis.
- The closest airport to Columbus is the Columbus Municipal Airport, which is just outside the main city limits.
- You can reach Columbus by car via Interstate 65.
- There is a public bus service in Columbus. You can also get around town by car or using a rideshare service.
- There are a variety of restaurants in the Columbus area. Many are family-friendly and moderately priced. You can find fast food and national chains as well as local eateries.
- You can find a range of hotels in and near Columbus. There are a number of national hotel brands with locations in the area. You can also find accommodations using apps like Air BnB.
- Visitors to Columbus can take advantage of the many parks and trails for walking and biking in the area. There are local shops and galleries as well as live music and arts events.
- Indiana Department of Health. (No date). Indiana Drug Overdose Dashboard.
- Next Level Recovery Indiana. (No Date). Treatment.
- County Health Rankings. (No date). Bartholomew County, IN.