Alcohol and Drug Use Statistics in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Large metropolitan centers in the U.S. are experiencing substance abuse and its impact on communities. The following statistics from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration illustrates the extent and impact of drug and alcohol misuse among Palm Beach County residents:1,2
Nearly 3% of the residents 12 years and older reported cocaine use in the past year between 2016 and 2018.
Less than 1% of the residents 12 years and older reported heroin use in the past year between 2016 and 2018.
Close to 250 residents died from opioid overdose between January and June of 2021.
About 54% of the residents 12 years and older reported alcohol use in the past month between 2016 and 2018.
- Almost 24% of the residents 12 years and older reported binge alcohol use in the past month between 2016 and 2018.
Traveling to and Within Palm Beach Gardens, FL
You may find the following travel tips useful if you are considering an alcohol or drug rehab in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, or visiting a friend or family member at a rehab center in the city:
- The closest airport for flying to and from Palm Beach Gardens is the West Palm Beach Airport, 12 miles south of the city. Additional airport options include Boca Raton Airport (35 miles south), Fort Lauderdale Airport (78 miles south), and Miami International Airport (82 miles south).
- Most errands in Palm Beach County will require a car; however, Frenchman’s Reserve, the Oaks, and Evergrene are the most walkable neighborhoods.
- Palm Tran offers bus service within Palm Beach County as well as parts of the Broward County Transit providing an overlap between the two bus systems.
- Rideshare options like Lyft and Uber, as well as taxis, are available for fast and convenient travel within the city and the surrounding communities.
- The West Palm Beach Amtrak station, about 20 minutes away, offers train services for travel to and from Palm Beach Gardens.
- Palm Beach Gardens has plenty of hotels, motels, and Airbnbs to choose from. Hotel options include the Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, and Double Tree Hotel.
- The Professional Golfers’ Association of America headquarters is located in Palm Beach Gardens, and the city hosts renowned professional golfers each year at the Honda Classic.
- You can expect a tropical climate with long, hot, humid, and wet summers and short, mild winters in Palm Beach Gardens.
- Florida Department of Health. (n.d.). Overdoses.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). 2016 -2018 NSDUH substate region estimates – tables.