Preparing for rehab is a smart idea. It can help you ensure that you will not be caught off guard by anything when you enter the program and begin your recovery, allowing you to have a much more productive and beneficial experience in treatment. Let us help you find the right rehab program today by calling 800-654-0987.
Understanding Your Needs
Making sure you understand your needs as they pertain to treatment will help you choose the best option for your recovery. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, there are a number of important needs you should consider when preparing for treatment, some of which may not even be related to your addiction at all.Take Back Your Life. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
- Your addiction: How severe is it? What treatment options will you require? How much care will you need?
- Your physical state: Are you suffering from any serious medical issues? If so, your treatment program must be able to stabilize you as well as treat you.
- Your mental state: Are you suffering from any comorbid mental disorders?
- Your relationships: Do you need help working out issues with family members or other loved ones? Will you require couples or family therapy?
- Your occupational issues: Did you lose your job as a result of your drug abuse? Do you need help working on your vocational situation or finding a new job?
- Your legal issues: Have you been arrested as a result of your substance abuse? Do you need someone to represent you?
It is also important to consider other factors that may affect your needs, including your age, gender, or ethnicity. Also, creating a budget can allow you to ensure that you can pay for your rehab program.
Talk to Others
It can help immensely to talk to other people who have been in rehab, especially in a program similar to the one you will be attending, and had a successful experience. Even if you do not know anyone now, going to a support group meeting can allow you to meet people with these experiences, and the Internet is also a valuable resource. You can discuss your decision with your doctor as well and ask for them to help prepare you for the experience.
Call the Facility
It is essential to talk to someone from the program itself before you ever become admitted. You can call the facility on the phone and ask questions before you begin your treatment program. Some of the most important questions can include:
- What can and can’t I bring to the facility?
- What treatment options do you provide?
- How long does the program last?
- Will my insurance cover the cost of treatment, and how much will I be expected to pay?
It can also be very helpful to take a tour of the facility before you are admitted, especially if you are deciding to attend an inpatient program. This can allow you to ensure that you will be comfortable enough in the center itself to live there for a prolonged period of time and to avoid leaving treatment early, which can be devastating to recovery (NIDA).Family is Forever.Get Help for Your Loved One. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
Get Your Affairs in Order
Especially if you have chosen inpatient care, it is important to make sure that your life outside of treatment is taken care of while you are in the facility. This means making sure your bills will be paid on time (you can set up automatic bill pay or appoint someone you trust to take care of your payments) and arranging for your home, pets, etc. to be looked after. Once you know everything in your daily life is taken care of, you will be able to focus much more easily on your treatment and recovery.
Preparing for Rehab
Getting ready to attend rehab can be a bit nerve-wracking, but it is important to remember that the more prepared you are, the better your experience will likely be. If you know that you have chosen the right program for your needs (and that you understand the facility and its options), it can help you immensely. Call 800-654-0987 now to begin your journey of recovery and find the best rehab center for your needs.Tell Your Side of the StoryFill Out the Help Form