Reading Time: 7 minutes
Drug addiction rehab is a necessary part of safe, long-term recovery. If you are struggling with addiction and choose not to go through a professional rehab program for treatment, your chances of relapse or experiencing other severe issues associated with your recovery will be much higher. In order to have a better, safer recovery, it is important to go through treatment in one of the many centers specifically designed for addiction rehabilitation.
Call 800-654-0987 now to find drug rehab centers that will allow you to safely and effectively recover from addiction. We will help you discover the right facilities for your needs as well as the best options for your reliable, long-term recovery.
Types of Drug Rehab Centers
There are many different types of rehab centers, all of which provide differing options to patients. While it is difficult to describe the myriad differences between the many rehab programs in existence today, there are three main types of facilities to know and understand. These include:
Inpatient and residential programs are similar in that they provide 24-hour access to treatment and medical care. Treatment is also provided in a controlled environment where you can safely recover from addiction and not become concerned with the possibility of relapse as long as you are in the program. Inpatient care specifically provides accommodations in a hospital-like environment for patients who require more intensive care while residential facilities can be beneficial if you do not require the more thorough and hospital-based treatment provided in inpatient facilities.
Outpatient rehab centers provide care without 24-hour access to treatment or overnight accommodations. Still, this option can be very beneficial during certain times in your recovery. Mainly, it is important to understand the differences between these three, principal rehab center types and to also be able to distinguish which will be most beneficial to you at this current moment in your recovery. Call 800-654-0987 to learn more and to find the right rehab center for your needs.
Which Rehab Center Should I Attend?
In order to find the right rehab program for your particular situation, you should consider your specific life as a recovering addict as well as your personality and anything else about you that may pertain to your recovery (even if it has nothing to do with your substance abuse), such as:
- Your financial situation
- Your need for employment, educational, or housing help
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your ethnicity
- Your culture
Then, it is absolutely necessary to consider the most obvious differences between the rehab centers described above. For example, if you have a severe psychological or physical medical condition, either associated or unassociated with your addiction for which you require 24-hour hospitalization, you will need to attend inpatient treatment. If this option is unnecessary to your safe and beneficial recovery, however, you may want to consider choosing a less intensive program.
Residential drug rehab centers are usually the best option if you:
- Need a safe, secure environment in which to recover from your substance abuse because you would otherwise have a high chance of relapse
- Need to be away from your current living situation, either because something there is contributing to your substance abuse or because you feel unsafe
- Have a co-occurring mental disorder (such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.) that must be treated simultaneously with your addiction
- Do not possess a strong social support system made up of family and friends that will be able to help you as you go through treatment
Usually, residential care is also the most beneficial treatment option if you are getting ready to attend rehab for the first time. It is a safe program that will allow you as a patient to slowly transition into a less intensive option as aftercare once you leave residential treatment facility. This option can often include outpatient rehab, which can be one of the best aftercare programs for addiction.
It is difficult, though, to know for sure which type of center is best for your needs without considering your situation from every angle. Call to speak to one of our recovery experts who can help match you to a specific type of program and a particular center that will be able to cater to your needs as a recovering addict and an individual.
What Are Drug Rehab Centers Like?
Drug rehab centers are facilities where you can receive treatment for addiction in the form of:
- Medications that treat your cravings, help reestablish the normal functions of the brain, and minimize withdrawal symptoms
- Behavioral therapies that will teach you to change the way you look at your addiction, recognize and avoid triggers that may possibly lead to relapse, and cope with stress, cravings, and other issues associated with recovery
- Holistic options that will treat your entire self and allow you to become more open minded in your recovery
These facilities are clean, well ordered, and incredibly organized based on your needs as a recovering addict. Treatment is usually highly structured, and you will often need to wake each morning at the same time and attend classes every day at the same time.
Drug rehab facilities also usually allow patients to stay for a certain amount of time, which is often allotted in 30, 60, or 90 day intervals, depending on each individual’s particular treatment schedule and needs. However, rehab can last longer or treatment length can change over the course of the program based on how your doctor determines your progress and your needs.
We can help you find the safest and best centers available for your particular recovery. Different drug rehab centers will offer different benefits and accommodations based on the facility itself and the patients admitted, so it is very important to find the program that suits you best.
Are Drug Rehab Centers a Form of Healthcare?
Yes, and for this reason, you must remember that the program’s main objective is to help you create a safer and healthier life through recovery. While many people attempt to cut costs with their choice of rehab center, it is better to find the program that provides your needs first and to determine cost second. If you are concerned about cost, consider these important points.
- If you have an insurance program through the Healthcare Marketplace, your rehab treatment should be at least partially covered by your plan. This is because the Affordable Care Act now lists substance use and mental disorders under the essential health benefits that every insurance plan must provide. Therefore, your insurance plan should be able to help you pay for your recovery.
- Healthcare is one of the most important aspects of your life; if you are not living healthily, this can affect everything else you encounter and create more problems for you. As such, you should not search for the cheapest option but the option that will provide you with the most beneficial recovery and the healthiest lifestyle.
- Free options, as well as less expensive treatment programs, exist mainly for those who would not be able to afford rehab treatment any other way. Centers that provide care to patients for no charge or on a sliding-fee scale usually choose patients based on need, so it is important not to take a spot away from someone who truly needs it in one of these free facilities, especially if you can afford a program that may cost more initially but will actually be more beneficial for your recovery in the long run.
Should I Find a Remote or Local Rehab Center?
There are many rehab centers all over the country. However, it should not be a difficult task to find the one that will be most beneficial to your needs, and we can help you do so at 800-654-0987. Still, the choice to attend a remote or a local rehab program may also be part of your decision-making process.
- Attending rehab far away from home may seem like an unnecessary option, but there are some reasons why you may find it more beneficial. For example:
- You need to be away from the people, places, and things in your life that remind you of your substance abuse.
- You need a safe environment in which to recover because you do not feel safe at home.
- Going to a completely new place could provide you with the ability to reflect on yourself and your addiction in a way you may have never imagined.
- Although it can be cheaper to choose a rehab center close to home, this isn’t always the best option if your home life or environment is contributing to your addiction. Think seriously about your needs, whether or not you may be willing to travel for rehab, and if doing so might be helpful to you.
When Should I Start Looking for a Rehab Center?
It is important not to waste any more time looking for a drug rehab center that fits your needs. Addiction is dangerous, and recovery can be even more so without the aid of professional treatment. Especially if you believe you are likely to experience withdrawal symptoms as a result of ending your substance abuse, it is important to seek out a safe, reliable rehab center where you can begin your recovery. Going through withdrawal in a professional rehab center will make your early treatment and detox safer, and it will also make you more likely to get the help you need when it comes to treating your addiction.
We are here to help you find the right rehab center for your particular needs. No two individuals are exactly alike, and your treatment should reflect your personal situation as well as cater to your needs. We can help you find program that will do so, as well as answer any questions you may have about treatment.
Rehab centers are safe, beneficial facilities where you can begin your recovery from addiction. While you may have struggled in the past with your substance abuse, we can help you create real change and start to live your life in the way you’ve always wanted. Call 800-654-0987 now to end your substance abuse for good and to start a life of recovery.