Benzodiazepine addiction is a common problem with those suffering from anxiety, depression, and a variety of other mental conditions. It is important if you are taking benzodiazepines, that you take them as prescribed. If you do become addicted, you should seek a complete program for benzodiazepine addiction treatment.
What is in a Complete Treatment Program for Benzodiazepine Addiction?
A complete benzodiazepine addiction treatment program consists of four major steps. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, this should include:
- Detoxification – a period where you rid your body of the benzodiazepines and go through supported withdrawal
- Behavioral counseling and therapy – a comprehensive program of different types of counseling that helps you discover the cause and deal with the consequences of your addiction
- Diagnosis and treatment of co-occurring disorder – disorders such as anxiety and depression still need treatment despite the benzodiazepine addiction.
- Aftercare – a long term follow-up program to prevent relapse
These four parts form a total benzodiazepine addiction program. To find a benzodiazepine addiction treatment center, all you have to do is call 800-654-0987. We can help.
Why you Need a Complete Benzodiazepine Treatment Program
You need a complete benzodiazepine treatment program because not only are these medications difficult to stop, it can be dangerous for you to stop without treatment. According to the National Library of Medicine, those who are addicted to benzodiazepines can be subject to intense and sometimes deadly withdrawal symptoms.
It is also extremely difficult to stop using benzodiazepines without the support that a treatment program provides. A comprehensive treatment program gives you access to support and those that understand both your anxiety and your addiction.
Elements Found in a Complete Treatment Program
A few basic elements may be found in a complete treatment program. These elements are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – this type of therapy gives you the tools to change your thinking and behaviors. By changing the negative thought patterns that lead to your benzodiazepine abuse, it helps you end your addiction.
- Motivational enhancement therapy – this type of therapy helps you get and remain motivated in your treatment.
- Medications for withdrawal and support – these medications allow you to function normally while you are in withdrawal and support you once you stop the benzodiazepines
- Family counseling – counseling both with and for your family to repair relationships
- Psychiatric and medical treatment for underlying disorders – to help you cope with things without turning to the benzodiazepines
Some treatment programs also offer:
- Health and wellness programs
- Exercise and weight management
- Nutrition counseling
- Alternative treatments
- Individualized attention and programs
- Group therapy and community counseling
All of these things combined make up a complete program.
How to Find a Complete Benzodiazepine Treatment Program
Finding a complete program is not as hard as some might think. You can find a benzodiazepine treatment program simply by calling 800-654-0987. We can help you end your addiction and get the help that you need to get your life back on track.Tell Your Side of the StoryFill Out the Help Form