Treatment programs vary in length mostly because people have various needs. Some will recover very quickly, and others will take a bit more time—but with the right care and commitment to sobriety, everyone has a chance of getting well.
As you begin the journey to recovery, it’s important that you are realistic about your expectations for yourself and for your treatment provider. You must not go into treatment expecting to recovery overnight—you didn’t become addicted overnight did you?
Addiction, the changes that occur within your body as a result of addiction, and the road to recovery all have one common element—they all take time to set in. Below you will see some of the benefits associated with each of the most common treatment program lengths which include:
- 30-day rehab programs
- 60-day rehab programs
- 90-day rehab programs
Benefits of 30 Day Rehab Programs
Offering a beneficial first start to recovery, the 30 day rehab program is enough to get your feet wet and show you what rehabilitation is all about—but if you’re heavily addicted, it may not be sufficient to provide long-term recovery.
30-day rehab programs provide:
- Enough time to figure out if you need additional treatment or not.
- Enough time to overcome physical withdrawal symptoms associated with drug or alcohol use.
- Enough time to begin to establish a treatment game plan that will work for you.
- Enough time to define a course of follow-up care that will work for you.
Benefits of 60 Day Rehab Programs
Providing a bit more care, and a longer duration to allow the efforts of your treatment set into place, 60-day rehab programs are a more suitable option for most recovering addicts. These programs offer the following benefits:
- Enough time to fully detox and begin to heal psychologically.
- Enough time to learn new methods of coping and remaining sober long term.
- Enough time to plan aftercare and sober living.
Benefits of 90 Day Rehab Programs
It sounds so incredibly intimidating at first—90 days in rehab—whoa! But in reality, 90-days of treatment is recommended to evoke complete change of habit. While it may seem scary or otherwise like an overkill at first, the decision to commit to 90 full days of treatment is life-changing—for the good.
These programs have the following benefits:
- They have the highest success rates of the three different general program lengths.
- They provide plenty of time for detox.
- They provide plenty of time for thorough evaluation.
- They provide plenty of time for self-help.
- They provide plenty of time for healing.
- They provide plenty of time for learning coping mechanisms.
- They provide ample time for long-term treatment goals to be set (and for many to be achieved).
If you or someone you love needs help, call our helpline toll free at 800-654-0987 to find a treatment program that’s right for you.Family is Forever.Get Help for Your Loved One. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987