Dextroamphetamine, a prescription stimulant given to patients who suffer from ADHD, can create a severe addiction syndrome if abused. It is important that those who are struggling with the uncontrolled use of this drug seek treatment, particularly inpatient care for those who are suffering from serious side effects of or other disorders in addition to their addiction. Call 800-654-0987 now to find the right rehab center for your needs.
Dextroamphetamine Addiction and Inpatient Rehab
According to the Center for Substance Abuse Research, “Drug addiction becomes a risk when prescription amphetamines are consumed at doses higher than those prescribed for medical treatment.” Dextroamphetamine is no exception to this rule, and while many individuals who abuse prescription stimulants believe these drugs can help them perform better in school or in other activities, this is actually untrue.
Not only does dextroamphetamine abuse cause serious side effects that affect performance, it can also cause addiction, severe psychotic symptoms, and an intense withdrawal syndrome.Take Back Your Life. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
Inpatient treatment is often necessary for amphetamine abusers, especially those who are suffering from comorbid disorders. ADHD can count as one of these as well as depression, an anxiety disorder, or schizophrenia. If you are struggling with dextroamphetamine abuse––as well as other issues––and need treatment, inpatient care may be beneficial for you. However, it is also important to choose the right inpatient center.
What Should I Look for in Inpatient Care?
Every patient has different needs; therefore, the program you choose should reflect those needs (National Institute on Drug Abuse). This is why choosing the best inpatient center can sometimes be difficult. As a dextroamphetamine abuser, you should look for a number of treatment options and aspects in your inpatient facility, such as:
- The use of medications (like anti-craving agents, antipsychotics, and antidepressants) during withdrawal and into addiction treatment when necessary
- The use of therapy programs (like cognitive-behavioral therapy and the Matrix Model) to treat your addiction, help you make a change to the way you see your drug abuse, and teach you better life skills for the future
- Comfortable accommodations and a calm environment that will ease anxiety and promote relaxation
Looking for the right inpatient care program may also mean finding a facility that can treat your co-occurring disorders simultaneously. According to the NIDA, “Patients who have both a drug use disorder and another mental illness often exhibit symptoms that are more persistent, severe, and resistant to treatment compared with patients who have either disorder alone.” This is why your co-occurring disorders must be treated together and why it is important to find a program that can handle both.Family is Forever. Get Help for Your Loved One. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
In addition, it is also necessary to look for an inpatient program that fits your specific needs, even those that do not pertain directly to your dextroamphetamine addiction.
Do you need to find an affordable treatment program and make sure your insurance will help cover your costs? Do you want to attend a luxury rehab facility with more treatment options and hotel-like accommodations?
Do you need to go to a program where the patients are all your same gender? It is important to consider these needs and to ask yourself what type of inpatient center will best be able to fit them, let alone which specific facility you belong in.
Choosing the Best Option: How Do I Know the Program is Best for Me?
You can find out if a rehab center will be able to fit your needs by taking a few specific steps.
- Call 800-654-0987 to be matched with an inpatient rehab center based on your personal situation.
- Once you have found a potential option, call the facility and ask what kind of treatment they offer, if they will take your insurance, etc. They may also want to ask you certain questions to ensure that they will be able to accommodate your needs.
- Then, ask for a tour of the facility. If it is far away, there may be a virtual tour you can take online. This can allow you to truly see the center for yourself and to get a feel for what it will be like to stay there. You will be living at the center, after all.
If the program is able to meet all your needs, it is likely you have found the best option for your recovery.
Find Your Inpatient Dextroamphetamine Rehab Today
Call 800-654-0987 now, and let us help you find the right rehab center for your dextroamphetamine addiction treatment.