It is hard for some people to understand that food addiction can be just as powerful as an addiction to drugs or alcohol. If you find yourself in this position, craving food and unable to deal with the problem on your own, you may begin to consider the benefits associated with professional treatment.
It is unfortunate that some people in this position are too embarrassed to seek professional help. As a result, they continue down the same path, hoping for a change but realizing that they may not have what it takes to get on the right track.
If you are concerned about your addiction to food, it is time to decide once and for all if you need to go through treatment. Here are some of the questions to ask and answer:
- Why do you believe you have a food addiction?
- Has your food addiction negatively impacted your life?
- Are you gaining weight, leading to other health concerns?
- Are you aware that you need to stop eating so much but find it difficult to do so?
- Do you have questions about what the future will bring if you continue down this path?
By answering these types of questions, it will not be long before you have an overall view of your situation and a better understanding of how you can better your life.
Signs of Food Addiction
Once you answer the appropriate questions, you need to take an honest assessment of your current situation and what you have gone through in the past. If you are honest with yourself, it won’t be long before you are able to determine if you have a food addiction.Take Back Your Life. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
According to a research study conducted at Yale University’s Rudd Center for Food Science & Policy, there are questions that make it easier for you to pinpoint the signs of a food addiction. These questions include:
- Do you end up eating more than you planned on?
- Do you often times eat to the point that you make yourself sick?
- Do you continue to eat even when you are no longer hungry and realize that you are stuffing yourself?
- Do you worry about what type of food you are eating and what it would take to cut back on certain types?
- Do you go out of your way to find certain types of food when not readily available?
The more of these questions that you answer yes to the better chance there is that you are dealing with a food addiction. Furthermore, this may also signify that you need some type of treatment for your problem.
Overcoming a Food Addiction
There is a big difference between eating too much from time to time and having a serious addiction. On one side of things, you may be able to stop eating whenever you realize you have gone too far. On the other side, you may get to the point when you are so addicted to food that you don’t think twice about the consequences. All you concern yourself with is finding the food that you want and eating as much as you can.
Since a food addiction is a very real problem, it goes without saying that overcoming your situation can be a challenge. People who are able to take the right approach at home may be able to reclaim control of their eating habits without professional help. For those who don’t know what to do or how to do it, checking into rehab is one of the best options.
If your stomach has taken control of the rest of your body, as well as your mind, it is time to realize that food addiction treatment may be your only way to a better life.Family is Forever.Get Help for Your Loved One. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
Benefits of Food Addiction Treatment
Some people shy away from professional treatment because they don’t fully understand what it can do for them. Don’t let this happen to you. Instead, you must become familiar with the benefits to ensure that you are making decisions for the better. Here are the benefits others before you have taken advantage of:
- Professional help from a knowledgeable and experienced medical staff.
- Advice and guidance on how to deal with powerful cravings.
- Round the clock care, ensuring that you always have the help you need.
- Assistance with avoiding relapse (which is common among people who have been addicted to food in the past).
- Information on how to enjoy food without eating too much or getting back into a cycle that can once again lead to addiction.
If you believe the time has come to seek food addiction treatment, it is essential to get involved with a facility that specializes in this area. You want to be in good hands at all times, as this will give you the confidence needed to stay the course and beat your problem once and for all.
Furthermore, your treatment facility should be able to help you through withdrawal. During this time, you will likely be faced with symptoms ranging from anxiety to agitation to mood swings among others.
It is never easy to come to grips with the fact that you have a food addiction. If you realize you are in this position and unsure of what to do next, it may be time to consider professional treatment. For many, this is the only way to achieve success.