Last updated: 05/6/2019
Author: Addictions LLC
Reading Time: 3 minutes
There are treatment programs where you can recover safely and effectively from an MDMA addiction.
MDMA Addiction and Treatment
MDMA, also known as ecstasy or molly, is in fact an addictive drug. Long-term abuse of MDMA can cause a number of serious side effects including prolonged depression, confusion, and anxiety, according to the Center for Substance Abuse Research. In addition, the drug can also create other effects when taken in the long-term, including
- Withdrawal symptoms such as
- Memory problems
- Concentration problems
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in perception
- Continued use, even when an individual understands the harmful consequences of abusing the drug
- Tolerance or an inability to experience the same effects one once did by taking the same amount of the drug, thus leading to higher levels of abuse
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “MDMA affects many of the same neurotransmitter systems in the brain that are targeted by other addictive drugs.” In addition, test animals have shown a tendency to self-administer the drug, which is a dangerous effect and is common among other addictive substances.
As a result, science and medicine are coming to understand the addictive nature of the drug. However, as stated by the NIDA, there are currently no treatment options––therapeutic, pharmacological, or otherwise––specifically catered to treat MDMA addiction. It may be a long time before a treatment program is created that is meant for this specific issue, but one can still be treated now for MDMA addiction.
Professional rehab programs can often treat a number of different addiction syndromes, including MDMA abuse and its effects. The general treatment options used to help individuals suffering from substance use disorders, including behavioral therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and medications meant to minimize withdrawal symptoms, can be effective in treating one’s MDMA addiction.
How Can I Find a Professional Rehab Program for MDMA Users?
Finding a professional rehab program that can treat your MDMA addiction is possible. As stated above, many rehab centers treat a number of different substance abuse issues, and you can find a program that will cater to your needs as well as provide the treatment options you require in order to build a strong and safe recovery.
- By using our directory, you can find rehab centers in every state and in the city or region closest to you. Each facility has important information listed, including its address, phone, number, and a map to the facility. You can also learn more about a specific program by visiting its website.
- After you choose a program that fits your needs, call them to ask more about their facility. You should also tell them you want to recover from MDMA addiction, as well as any other substance use disorders from which you may be suffering.
- If you feel you have found the right facility, let one of our treatment advisors help you make a plan for your recovery, starting with how you will get admitted into the rehab program of your choice.
You can find professional treatment for your MDMA abuse and addiction, and you can put an end to your substance abuse today.