Maybe you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired. Maybe you’ve tried methadone, Suboxone, AA, and IOP. Maybe you’re ready for something different when it comes to drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
Something that can help you deal with the anxiety, the cravings, and the overwhelming feelings that so often accompany addiction and early recovery that isn’t another narcotic. Maybe you’re ready to work with an addiction specialist who partakes in biofeedback therapy training. If you’re addicted to drugs or alcohol and looking for assistance, call 800-654-0987 now to talk to someone who can help.
What Is Biofeedback Therapy?
When your body’s stressed, there are certain involuntary reactions it has. There are changes in your breathing rate, heart rate, blood pressure, and skin temperature. You may experience muscle tension and sweating. Biofeedback therapy tracks these automatic body processes and the information is used to build a personal treatment plan.Take Back Your Life. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987
With the help of a specialist with biofeedback therapy training, you’ll learn to utilize new stress-reducing coping mechanisms to help counteract these natural body responses and stop them from creating more stress. These skills can be used to deal with the symptoms often associated with addiction and early recovery including anxiety, depression, certain withdrawal symptoms, cravings, muscle pain, and restlessness.
How Do I Find a Specialist with Biofeedback Therapy Training?
When it comes to your drug and alcohol treatment, you want to find a specialist with both biofeedback therapy training and a history of working in addiction. If you’re unsure where to look, there are a few different options.
- Look for holistic or alternative addiction treatment centers in your area, either through Google, the Yellow Pages, or 12 step meetings.
- Call your insurance company. Some insurances cover part of the cost of biofeedback or the services that are associated with it, such as cognitive behavioral therapy. If so, the insurance company should be able to give you a list of providers.
- Look for a biofeedback therapist who is certified by the Biofeedback Certification Institute of America. You can utilize a search feature on the Institute’s website.
- Use the find a provider search tool at the Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback Society, a professional organization for those in the field.
- Call 800-654-0987 to speak to an addiction specialist who can help you find the right program to meet your needs.
- Most biofeedback therapy is done on an outpatient basis, so if you’re in an inpatient addiction treatment center, ask for a referral to a reputable provider.
Are You Ready to Be Done with Your Addiction Forever?
If you’re ready to make a commitment to ending your addiction, biofeedback therapy may be the answer. It offers those addicted to drugs and alcohol an alternative to traditional treatment options, teaches new coping mechanisms, and gives them a way to deal with the stress and anxiety that addiction brings. If you’re ready to change your life, call 800-654-0987 today to talk to someone immediately about what you can do to get clean.Family is Forever. Get Help for Your Loved One. Call The 24Hr Addiction Hotline 800-654-0987